"Toughest looking" car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Toughest looking" car?

I was thinking yesterday... what would be the ultimate "toughguy" car.

Not redneck, all brawn no brains muscle car... and not James Bond "richer than you" 6 figure sports car...

I'm trying to figure out a car that would be "tough", without going to extremes. Classy badass.

Not for myself... I'm hardly a toughguy... but it just had me wondering yesterday. Imports and little sports cars are too wimpy and unsubstantial looking. Big luxury cars give off a quiet elegance, but they don't have the "toughguy" power and handling.

The car I settled on to fit the bill best, so far anyway, has been the Cadillac CTS-V.

What do you guys think? (yeah, stupid abstract discussion topic, I know... )

Id have to say the 2009-BMW M3 with a nice set of off-set rims.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121793

Comment

Deev, here's a little food for thought on that CTS

http://blog.webridestv.com/2009/10/h...-scare-onstar/

IMO, the ultimate "tough guy" has to be a v8. Hands down. Nothing says tough like raw power. The first car(s) that come to mind are like early 70s Buicks, Oldsmobiles and Chevelle's.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post

IMO, the ultimate "tough guy" has to be a v8. Hands down. Nothing says tough like raw power. The first car(s) that come to mind are like early 70s Buicks, Oldsmobiles and Chevelle's.
        "The snap off the line was so impressive, the vehicle’s sensors interpreted the thrust as an accident and OnStar called to make sure everyone onboard was safe and sound."

It was an 80s Riviera that actually got me thinking about it. I know it's a FWD turd of a car, but it looked pretty badass... That's when I got thinking about "what car would look totally badass, and have the power and handling to back it up?"

Chevelles, Camarobirds, etc... those things seem less classy than I have in my head.

I wish I could tie down the look that I'm going for. The CTS is close, but still on the "new GM" side of things... not the most respected thing. Tough needs respect!

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
          Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
          Originally posted by bmxicansd
          so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

Comment

Honestly, 700hp probably isn't all that hard to do with that engine.

Comment

A little info on that CTS; the accelerometer picks up on anything measuring 0.999999 (or1) G or more and it trips the crash sensors. In this case, it sent a message to OnStar. Pretty mean stuff if you think about it.

Deev, are you looking for aesthetics, horsepower, torque..? Or a combo of everything? I know what you're saying about the CTS. I think the G8's kinda have that look about them. Mean and fierce with a bit of power, but they can be luxurious with a little class too.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Hennessey is a scary group.

The ZR1, for instance. Hennessey-inspired. There's word of a Hennessey Camaro; same SC'd LS9 with an optional TT-750hp package and a TT-1000hp package. CF kit, rotors, panels, etc. Very nice stuff!

Comment

Pretty much a mix of all of it.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    "

I wish I could tie down the look that I'm going for. The CTS is close, but still on the "new GM" side of things... not the most respected thing. Tough needs respect!

werent u looking at chryslers?

"Tucking tires and wires."
                    The Chronicles.

Comment

mix of power....luxury ....meaness

i think of this

Comment

The new Charger??

Deev probably was looking at Chryslers. Fantasizing about riding around in a Crossfire with Celine Deion.

Comment

Id have to say the oldschool caddy Grandpa be having the pimp class versions. Yaknow diamond in the back, sunroof top, sittin in the scene wit da gangsta lean whoo,whoooooo.

You can do just about anything with those cars. Get into an accident with one and whoever got hit with the other car would be hurt badly. They were made for damage and quite sturdy and roomy.

Comment

Vauxhall VXR8 Bathurst S

http://www.netcarshow.com/vauxhall/2...r8_bathurst_s/
                            Last edited by AstroVannin; 12-10-2009, 11:39 AM.

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                            dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

if this was matte black, i'd say it would be pretty fucking mean:

it's hot rod magazine and GM performance division's LS7-powered solstice. it has about 750hp, straight pipes, and runs 10's in the quarter. i believe almost every body panel is dry carbon and the paint is so thin on the hardtop that you can see the weave. GM brought that car to my university's campus for GM week where they display a bunch of the cars in their lineup and interview a bunch of students for internships and jobs. at the time i was on the school's race team and the leader of the performance division (the guy in the picture) was an alum of the team. really cool guy too. he showed it to us in-depth then parked it in our garage for the night (i had to help move the wood blocks so that crazy splitter wouldnt scrape!). all the little details on that machine make it so badass, like the carbon-fiber strip bolted to the trunk that acts as a gurney flap.

this has to be one of my favorite cars in the world.

edit: photoshop was already open, so i decided to do a quick-and-dirty editing to see what it would look like matte-black. one word, BADASS!
                              Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 12-10-2009, 11:34 AM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Working...
                              X