question about this prelude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about this prelude

as you guys remember i had a civic for about month and some change... well i got hit few weeks ago and the car is totaled and I'm receiving a check for 4200 for a new car and i came across this prelude. I'm wondering how much and labor if i decide to do it myself.

here is the ad

Previous buyer fell through so re-posting, please don't waste my time.

1997 Honda Prelude – just passed the VA safety inspection so it’s good through March 2011

136k miles – car drives great
    Brand new Michelin Pilot tires (over $800) on brand new Acura RSX Type S rims ($$$) installed at 128k miles.
    Brand new clutch installed at 135k miles ($900)
    Timing belt maintenance performed at 105k miles ($700)
    New headlights installed last March 2009 so no faded lenses
    New bottom window trim to replace old flaking trim
    Newer OEM floor mats. New prelude carpet mat in the trunk
    Alpine head unit. New front speakers. Car comes wired for a subwoofer in the trunk

Interior is near perfect condition. The exterior is in pretty good shape, but does show some wear. No rust on the car at all as it came from the south.

Only current issue I know of is the AC condenser sounds like it is binding up.

Car has a salvage flag on the carfax report that I will provide for you to see. I haven’t found any damage on the car which would make sense for the car to have been totaled. Everything has been great in the 3 years I’ve owned it. I’ve got two cars and it’s just time for me to give it up. I have a clean and clear VA title in hand and it’s ready to go.

Serious Inquiries only please. Will not deliver or ship. Cash only.

seems to be a good car so what if it's salvaged as long as it's reliable and stable you're good only thing that would worry me is the a/c condenser he mentioned...

how much does he want for it?

Comment

oh sorry i for got mention the asking price he is asking 4200 for it. but do you know by chance how much and how much work to fix that issue because im interested in this lude

Comment

Seems like a good buy if indeed that Salvage is for theft, and not damage. Look into that veeeery thoroughly. Owner seems to have done some good maintanance, and mileage seems fair. Check for rust, and that the engine, and tranny sound and shift properly. have the owner open up the valve cover for ya. Check that the motor is the stock one.

As far as to do if you get it, and I mean immediately, change the auto tensioner for an H23 Manual Tensioner Kit.You'll give your engine more security, and lifespan.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Originally posted by cb7pr View Post
          Seems like a good buy if indeed that Salvage is for theft, and not damage. Look into that veeeery thoroughly. Owner seems to have done some good maintanance, and mileage seems fair. Check for rust, and that the engine, and tranny sound and shift properly. have the owner open up the valve cover for ya. Check that the motor is the stock one.

As far as to do if you get it, and I mean immediately, change the auto tensioner for an H23 Manual Tensioner Kit.You'll give your engine more security, and lifespan.

Sorry if this seems dumb,But can you explain what is a tensioner please

Comment

Originally posted by cb7pr View Post

thats a somewhat odd request to open up to valve cover

no
            Accord turbo kit under $2k here
            $30 HID kits here Thread
            "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
            "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by killin View Post
              Sorry if this seems dumb,But can you explain what is a tensioner please
              In a nut shell it holds tension on the T-belt
              Freedom Is Not Free
              U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by benjerman112 View Post
                In a nut shell it holds tension on the T-belt
                Ah thank you! was kinda confused on that when cb7pr said that. looks like me n a buddy of mine can do that

edit: how can i tell if the motor is original, if i open the VC?
                Last edited by killin; 03-20-2010, 04:59 PM. Reason: added question

Comment

Originally posted by killin View Post
                  Ah thank you! was kinda confused on that when cb7pr said that. looks like me n a buddy of mine can do that

edit: how can i tell if the motor is original, if i open the VC?
                  check the vin numbers, the one on the dash, the one on the firewall and i think sometimes the newer cars have them on the engine too.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                    check the vin numbers, the one on the dash, the one on the firewall and i think sometimes the newer cars have them on the engine too.
                    oh ok. question for you guys. does anyone know exactly were the ac condenser is located.

Comment

is it SH? or base?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
                        is it SH? or base?
                        i think its a base. i havent seen it yet

Comment

GOOD! trust me, Im working on kit-to-lips SH one, & it is a PITA with that ATTS unit it has

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

the condinsor sits infront of the radiator. As for the salvage title, some insurance companies won't insure, other will pay out is far less if wrecked, and some don't care. I recommend asking them before hand just to CYA.

Comment

Working...
                            X