"Let's See Some Sidewall!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Let's See Some Sidewall!"

So I guess this is a new trend for the show season this year. Personally, I like it. I have to run 205/50's anyway since we have terrible roads here. So I feel like I will fit in a little more since my tires aren't as thin as rubber bands lol. Bigger sidewalls are just more practical for a daily imo.

So what do you all think? yay or nay on bigger sidewalls?

that del sol is siiiiiick!

http://blog.cardomain.com/2010/03/22...some-sidewall/

Here is my contribution (Old Pic) 205/50/15:
    Last edited by 1BadCB; 03-24-2010, 09:44 AM.

You see models at every car show.
    But have you ever seen a model that actually takes the car she built to a show?

You should put up a pole

I like this trend. Much better then low profile junk tires.

Comment

I like a little sidewall. Makes for a smother ride.
      How hard do you have to squeeze a baby to make baby oil?
      H23 motor-H22 trans
      Advance Auto Parts Retail Parts

Comment

There's a limit imo. The Sol and this thing:

Perfect.

Comment

WAAAAAAAAAY better than the stretched shit. that s3 is sick too
          Last edited by Law Grandeur; 03-24-2010, 05:01 AM.

no
          Accord turbo kit under $2k here
          $30 HID kits here Thread
          "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
          "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

heres mine not the biggest but not small either. 215/50/16

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

^ i have those rotors

i decided to keep my 195 60 on instaed of 215 35. now i dont feel every grain of sand on the road

Comment

Doesn't this give you some unwanted sidewall flex while cornering?
                Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

i like those, but im in need of 205/50/16's currently on 40's. too skinny. you think

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                    Doesn't this give you some unwanted sidewall flex while cornering?

95% of the cars here will never take a corner at their potential so that shouldn't be of much concern.

Think it looks sick. Any pics of it on a dubbed lowrider truck? My Kota needs tires before long, and some tall walled rubbers would be cheaper than my bird lip nittos
                    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                    Disregard females, acquire currency
                    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

how would you go about getting that del sol and s3 look though? certain offset and tire, and rim size? some people posts pics of theirs and they just look plain. im very interested lol

looks like the mustang smoothed his sidewalls too. bleh only a muscle car thing from the looks of it though
                      Last edited by Law Grandeur; 03-24-2010, 05:11 AM.

no
                      Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                      $30 HID kits here Thread
                      "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                      "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Makes it look like they are track cars or dragsters IMO. Tried it on my 240SX back in the day. Don't think I really pulled it off though lol

Looked more like I was either filling in wheel gap or just monster trucking it

]

Comment

Originally posted by Slick_Nine View Post
                          Makes it look like they are track cars or dragsters IMO. Tried it on my 240SX back in the day. Don't think I really pulled it off though lol

Looked more like I was either filling in wheel gap or just monster trucking it

I think it looks pretty good...lol

You see models at every car show.
                          But have you ever seen a model that actually takes the car she built to a show?

Comment

I dont thnk it's a trend, i think peole are starting to be smart about their cars. Sure, lo-pros look cool, but theyre not practical.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                            Originally posted by Jarrett
                            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I've always had a fat sidewall. My Fit was running 215/45/17 for a while. Not excessive, as it wasn't really meant to be a fashion statement... just something to protect my wheels (didn't work, I trashed them anyway), and something that I felt filled the wheel well better on my stock-height car.

Comment

Working...
                              X