Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some computer assistance... dual monitor video card.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some computer assistance... dual monitor video card.

I have a dual monitor video card, but it's an AGP card.

Apparently, I'm behind the times. I've been using the onboard video on my motherboard since I got it. I just decided to yank the dual monitor card out of my beater Dell, and install it on my main PC... However, the newer board in the good PC has no AGP slot. It's an ASRock ALiveMF6P-VSTA board. It seems that the slot that's in the place of my familiar AGP slot is a PCI Express X16 slot.

Anyway, I'm looking for a new (cheap) dual VGA video card. All I can seem to find are dual DVI cards, which I can't use with my archaic monitors! I don't need anything fancy. I really just want to be able to watch my Netflix and do other less important things (like paperwork) without having to shuffle between windows!
    I've been out of computer building for a while now, so I need to do some catching up.

If anyone can help me find the card I need, I would be eternally grateful!

I dont even think they make the dual cards with dual VGA ports anymore... Youd have to find one used. Iv had my monitor for 10 years, It still works fine, why upgrade? lol
    -Will

Comment

I wonder if they don't make PCI Express x16 dual VGA cards... that would suck!

Comment

Id put money on they made them at some time but im fairly sure they dont make them anymore.

EDIT: you could buy a brand new card with DVI inputs and buy 2 of these

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-101-_-Product
        Last edited by Bullhorn7; 05-10-2010, 10:11 PM.
        -Will

Comment

Problem solved:

Comment

ARGH! lol you beat me to it Tippey764! LOL yeah I've used them before and can vouch that they work really great.
            Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Yeah, I just discovered those...

Thanks guys!

I ordered this just now. Comes with the adapters

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamW View Post
                ARGH! lol you beat me to it Tippey764! LOL yeah I've used them before and can vouch that they work really great.
                lol im using one right now. It came with my 8800gt video card. I have a shit ton of them at my house. If you would have asked i could just mail you a few lol.

Comment

I have that same card. If I could find it and had seen this thread I would have given it to you.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

Thanks guys!

Wait dude? Why the fuck did you order a 7900gt? Cancel that order. That thing is from 2006 lol. You can get a base model card that preforms beter then that now a days for the same price. If not cheaper. You want somthing that supports DX10 these days.

Comment

Eh, didn't matter much to me. It was a fair price, came with the adapters, and I can have it ASAP. It was the only dual-DVI PCIE x16 (not PCIE 2.0) card that Tigerdirect had in stock.

I don't do anything crazy anyway. Any games I play on my PC are emulators no more advanced than the PS1 (I can't get a PS2 emulator to run fast enough yet...) The rest is just watching streaming video (which is shitty quality anyway), surfing the forum, doing paperwork, and looking at...

Nevermind.

This is all I'll need I was going to use my dual VGA AGP card from 2000 if it worked!

Comment

Eh, didn't matter much to me. It was a fair price, came with the adapters, and I can have it ASAP. It was the only dual-DVI PCIE x16 (not PCIE 2.0) card that Tigerdirect had in stock.

I don't do anything crazy anyway. Any games I play on my PC are emulators no more advanced than the PS1 (I can't get a PS2 emulator to run fast enough yet...) The rest is just watching streaming video (which is shitty quality anyway), surfing the forum, doing paperwork, and looking at...

Nevermind.

This is all I'll need I was going to use my dual VGA AGP card from 2000 if it worked!
                        Pci-e x16 2.0 is compaible with 1.0 lol. I'm using it right now

Comment

Damn. Oh well... It'll do the job just fine! I'm sure it's still the best video card I've ever owned.

Comment

Thanks guys!

You can thank/pay me later.
                            Gary A.K.A. Carter
                            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

I pay in sexual favors only. You may assign an attractive female proxy if you would like.

Comment

Working...
                              X