random rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

random rant

ok, so i have this friend. i built his sohc for him. aftermarket rods and pistons. stock head. i put the motor together and tell him go easy on it for about 1k and change the oil ever 250-500 miles. after that go get the motor tuned. bc the chipped ecu was tuned on a smaller turbo. he doesnt listen and keeps complaining about over heating. i keep telling him its bc the motor is running lean. he also keeps saying the motor pulls strong. wait didnt i tell him to take it easy. well guess what happens, boooom motor destroyed.

ok he brings it to the shop where i am currently working, i rebuild it again but this time oem bc he doesnt have money to buy new pistons. ( actually i gave hime the motor from my old cb that i recked ) everything is back together. motor is running strong. i keep the car for a week to make sure everything is good. he picks up the car and leaves. calls me the next day saying the oil drain plug fell out. now im thinking how does and oil drain plug just fall out. i checked and double check it before i put the motor in the car. and i drove the car around and put about 200 miles on it. no oil leaks or stains where the car was sitting in the shop. come to find out he changed the oil after i gave him the car back. drove the car to road atlanta for drift atlant event and somewhere along the trip the plug fell out. now he is blaming it on me. and on top of all that he has still been running the car hard. after all this free work i have done for him.

no i am building the motor again......... this is his last chance with me, if he blows it up again, and i am about 85% sure he will im not touching it again.

thanks for reading. i know it was a waste of your precious time.
    MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

you must be quiet the friend. because i dont care how good of a friend it is to me. if i told them what to do and they blow it up. and i fix it again. that would be my final time. there would be no 3rd time
    You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
    Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

i guess its shame on me for trying to be a good friend. but after this one is finished im done with his car, unless he is paying for my time.

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChampCoupe View Post
        i guess its shame on me for trying to be a good friend. but after this one is finished im done with his car, unless he is paying for my time.
        i dont blame you a single bit. takes alot of time. time you could be earning money. this is a classic case of a friend taking advantage of another friend
        You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
        Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

That's why I prefer not to work on any friends car for money. I straight out tell them how it's gonna be and if they accept then they know what they are getting into.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

i hope he enjoys it. at least he doesnt take credit for what i did, and hasnt bad mouthed my work. be im finish with him.

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

so your doing all the labour for free? dude be my friend!
              but seriously, you should try and convey how important it is for him to take it easy on the engine for it to last him a long time. If he doesnt then i say go with your plan and be done with it. good luck on the rebuild bro!
              ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by rave93 View Post
                so your doing all the labour for free? dude be my friend!
                but seriously, you should try and convey how important it is for him to take it easy on the engine for it to last him a long time. If he doesnt then i say go with your plan and be done with it. good luck on the rebuild bro!
                i have done that, but its like trying to teach a chimp spanish. so this will bethe last time he gets free work from me.

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

If i build an engine and the dumbass blows it up...I will tear it apart just to see what happend. If it was my fault...then i will fix it. If something else happend in the engine that has nothing to do with me, then i will give the dude 2 options....I can rebuild it for more money, or you can shove the engine up your ass and find someone else to do it.

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

You are too nice my dude, if one of my buddies do that and then try to blame i would tell him fuck off and find someone else to rebuild or pay me for my damn labor. Dont allow yourself to be used regardless of its a friend or family.
                    1993 Accord LX - Sold
                    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

your a good friend i would have given up second time thats it and he would have to help put it in period

^^MY OLD RIDE
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3052591 <<**CURRENT DA9 BUILD**

Comment

i would have done the samething for just about anyone. but i guess its time to stop being mr. nice guy.

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

ive done a clutch 4 times for this one particular friend. he also has my civic which i pay the insurance for and reg is due in two days. hes really quiet right now, lol.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

No no no I wouldnt build it again. Because what happens twice happens thrice. The second time was the benefit of the doubt but the third time man he needs to go find him a used motor to beat the hell out of.

Comment

Working...
                            X