Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wtf?!?!

Look familiar.....

Someone from this company saved this photo of my car an is using it to sell their crap on Ebay, without asking if they can use it! They have it for a few of their products that they just photoshop their parts onto my photo. This really pisses me off! I don't mind that my car's on the forum, but I think they should at least ask if it's alright to use it to sell their crap!

Oh, by the way, here's the link I got it from:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACCOR...Q5fAccessories

I'd check out what other photos they've taken, because they have a few CBs and CDs on there.
    Last edited by rocketman_471; 08-20-2010, 07:31 PM.

Members Ride Thread: LX ~ EX ~ For Sale Thread

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

do you really have all that blue in your lights?
    COUPE K24

Comment

I know of 2 or 3 other members that had this happen... It's really not cool! I think at least one of them had their name or something in the photo, and it was cropped out.

If asked, I'd think it would be an honor for someone to use a picture of my car to advertise their product. However, to do so without permission, and worse to ALTER THE PICTURE... that's crap. They could at least give you a free part in return for a picture of it on your car!

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
        do you really have all that blue in your lights?
        Yeah I do, for the high beams, but it comes out on the whiter side, kinda like my H.I.D's. I changed my turn signals back to amber because it looks so much better as amber after I did the bumper conversion.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        I know of 2 or 3 other members that had this happen... It's really not cool! I think at least one of them had their name or something in the photo, and it was cropped out.

If asked, I'd think it would be an honor for someone to use a picture of my car to advertise their product. However, to do so without permission, and worse to ALTER THE PICTURE... that's crap. They could at least give you a free part in return for a picture of it on your car!
        Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely honored that someone would pick my car to help sell their products, but like you said, if only I was asked. I think it's completely BS that they altered my pic as well. What can I do?

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

Comment

i don't see what there is to be mad about. you posted your pics on a public forum. i'd be honored also. later.
          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

I'd be a bit peeved that they altered the picture, putting a part on the car that he doesn't actually own. It's not even saying "look how good this guy's car looks with our part!" It's saying "this is a good picture for us to chop!"

Worse, they chopped out a custom part that he made himself to do it! (and to be quite honest, their part looks way worse than the real one on the car!)

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
              i don't see what there is to be mad about. you posted your pics on a public forum. i'd be honored also. later.
              I am honored, I'm pissed that they changed my pic and they didn't ask in the first place. I couldn't care less that they want to use it, but I'd like to be asked, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                I'd be a bit peeved that they altered the picture, putting a part on the car that he doesn't actually own. It's not even saying "look how good this guy's car looks with our part!" It's saying "this is a good picture for us to chop!"

Worse, they chopped out a custom part that he made himself to do it! (and to be quite honest, their part looks way worse than the real one on the car!)
                Well said

Comment

Working...
                X