im having withdrawls....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im having withdrawls....

i just sold my CB. saw it again today because the new owner brought it by so i can check out something on it. im bored out my face because i have nothing to do during the day now. i cant work on the CB because he has it. i dont have another CB to work on for the next maybe MONTH. shnit....i guess i can tear down the block in the shed and get it ready for the next CB i get so i can swap it in.

its funny tho. ive had it for 2 years. never over heated. the day after he gets it, he text me and says this:

"i thought you said it never over heated???!!"

i called and asked him "what did you do to make it over heat? ive had it for 2 years and the only time it overheated was when i swapped the motor out and didnt put enough coolant in it. i raced it at the track doing 4-5 runs in a row with no problems. drove it to MD and back in stop and go traffic and it never had any issues. drove it to SC and back. no issues."

"i just let it idle for like 10min and the needle started to go up."

then last night he told me the passenger headlight went out. i have HIDs on it. its gone out on me before but as soon as i turned the headlights off then back on, it worked.

something is telling me, my car dont like other owners. lmao.

its having that christine affect.
    MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

similar shit when i sold my 1st cb, new owner start having problems i never had, that should have been a sign to buy it back but i didnt and ended up ruining the car
      1993 Accord LX - Sold
      93 BMW 525it - SOLD
      92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
      2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
      2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
      2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
      2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
      2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Same here, after I sold my Cb, the new owner started to get problems I never had. Either I had sold it just in time or he just didn't know how to take car of it.

What ever you do, don't get too affiliated with the new owner fixing his problems (because it is his now) or at least conservatively help him with advise, otherwise they'll come back to you for every little thing asking for "another favor". It ends up taking a lot of time out of you schedule.

This was my lesson, lol

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
        -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

yeah i would say its sold as is, otherwise they'll take advantage of you're knowledge and skills and instead of paying a mechanic, they'll bum you out for fixing it for pennies on the dollar.

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

seeems the cb was attached to you just as you were to it..

Lou's Build Thread!
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
            "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

get another project or help with a friend's project. in the past two weekends ive worked on a Ford ranger and a Ford thunderbird super coupe. Ford's suck but it gives me something to do
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                similar shit when i sold my 1st cb, new owner start having problems i never had, that should have been a sign to buy it back but i didnt and ended up ruining the car
                tis! tis!

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

I know somewhat how you feel. I Sold a really nice e36 325is. sport interior Full authentic AC schnitzer kit, m3 exhaust chipped lowered. The whole 9.

Find out that the kid who bought it from me. Threw M3 stickers all over the car and slapped on chrome rims that were entirely to large for the car with a fucked up decal on the Windshield.

I was incredibly angry, almost lost my cool when I heard about it.

Hopefully the new owner knew an inkling about BMW's, just enough to know that you don't put 19 inch chrome rims and M3 stickers on a car that is too small to pull off the diameter, and two a car that is not an m3.

Good luck to you friend.

Comment

Originally posted by ibr_adam09 View Post
                    What ever you do, don't get too affiliated with the new owner fixing his problems (because it is his now) or at least conservatively help him with advise, otherwise they'll come back to you for every little thing asking for "another favor". It ends up taking a lot of time out of you schedule.
                    the only things ill be fixing are the things i said needed fixing. haha. he aint gonna milk no time and money out of me for that crap. but i did tell him if anything goes wrong with it after he buys it that he should come to me because ill charge him less than the shop does. haha. so ill still be making money off him in the future.

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                    get another project or help with a friend's project. in the past two weekends ive worked on a Ford ranger and a Ford thunderbird super coupe. Ford's suck but it gives me something to do

yeah. i thought about that. lol. i might just tear down the full block out in the shed. lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X