WTF Government?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF Government?!?

Ok, so, for those who didnt know, i got a speeding ticket last week. The ticket was 10 over although i was going faster than that.

Anyway, I dont mind mailing shit, it's just the hassle of getting a money order, getting/finding a stamp and an envelope, etc etc. Id much rather just pay the thing online and be done with it.

Well, as usual you have 30 days to pay it. Well, i go to the Fines and Collections website this morning, put in my citation number and this is what i get....

*ERROR* 001001 - The system was unable to retrieve your citation information. Most citations are not entered into the system until two weeks after the date the citation was written. Please try again after a minimum of two weeks has passed since you received your citation or call 877-866-3926 toll free for further assistance.
    Wtf?!? Seriously? You give me 30 days to pay it but i cant pay it online until AT LEAST 2 weeks AFTER Ive gotten the citation? Plus the $4 fee you're going to charge for paying it online?? Ugh...

Now, i know, this could all be solved by simply mailing it in, and in fact may be what i end up doing. I just thought it was kinda weird, and fucked up, that they tell you that you have 30 days to pay it--but if you want to do so online you, essentially, only have 2 weeks to pay it, after waiting 2 weeks for the citation to be entered. Assuming it gets entered EXACTLY 2 weeks after the event.

Just thought Id' share/rant/vent.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

now that is messed up. if you get in trouble for it, i would blame the officer for not getting his paper work done in a timely manner. thats some BS right there. how you supposed to pay a fine within 30 days and it takes at LEAST 2 weeks for it to get into the system, then if you dont find it, you have to wait a least ANOTHER 2 weeks. your month is up by then. wtf?

Comment

Well, it takes 2 weeks for it to be entered into the system. At which point, you'd only have 2 weeks to pay it. Now, 2 weeks is plenty of time for ME, but for others, that may not be alot of time. I dont know. Like i said, as far as mailing it in goes, 30 days is AMPLE time, i just hate having to dig up an envelope, a stamp, go where ever for a money order and then having the rare off-beat chance that it gets "lost in the mail". The latter being unlikely, i know, but these things happen, lol.

Im not complaining or bitching, its just a "WTF" moment, lol.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

lol.

why dont you just take it in personally and pay it.

Comment

I dont know. Too wierd, i guess, lol. Paying it as "guilty" is enough for me. I dont need to go in there and admit it face-to-face.

Comment

It's not the officer's 'fault'. and two weeks still allows you to pay the fine. You can mail it in. You can take it personally. Really in the end its your responsibility to get it taken care of. You can even call in and get an extension to pay the fine, so there is really no excuse. Bummer it's not convenient enough for you though.

My 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Thread

Comment

Like i said before, im not complaining about having to pay it or the time in which to pay it or that it's the officers fault(not sure where that came from), im just saying it's a little odd and kinda crappy to allow people to pay it online only to tell them that they have to wait at least 2 weeks after the incident, to pay it online. I mean, ok, mail it in, but it's just an inconvenience. It almost feels like theyre trying to detour you into paying it in person or over the phone. Almost like theyre trying to force you into dealing with a person, which makes people feel already more guilty.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                ...i would blame the officer for not getting his paper work done in a timely manner...
                Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                im not complaining about the officers fault(not sure where that came from).

Before there was internet, you had to pay in person. That's just how it is. They aren't making you come pay a ticket in person to embarass you.

My 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Thread

Comment

Thats how my last one was. A ticket for having 12k hids. i took them over 2 months to get it in the system.
                  COUPE K24

Comment

Dude that is messed up. The same thing happened to me. I was all pissed off. It's funny how I got the ticket though. My car was broken into and the stupid street sweeter passed by and the city cop gave me a ticket for my car being in the way, all while the passenger side window was jacked up.

Rip It Up
                    Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

Well, im not complaining about getting the ticket. I accept fault for that. I also have no problem paying it any way they ask. Just, for some people, it's easier to pay it online, for whatever reason(s). I just think it's funny how that option takes 2 weeks but if i went down to the courthouse and said, "It'll take 2 weeks for that check to clear" Theyd get pissed, lol.

Comment

just go in and tell them you have a bill to pay
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

When the Government asks you to bend over. You say Yes and Thank you with a May I have another somewhere in there.

=p

Comment

Most state use third party online payment service, so that explains the additional cost and time for the info to get into the system.

Comment

I can understand the cost, not so much the time, but whatever. This also makes it difficult because i work 7-5 and we all know the courthouse is only open 8-4.

Comment

Working...
                              X