2010 VMA Discussion Thread

Begin!

My highlights:

-Eminem/Rihanna
    -Chelsea Handler being an obnoxious/horrible host
    -Dane Cook, lol
    -DEADMAU5
    -acapella[sp?] solo performances from Travie and Jason Derulo
    -30 seconds to mars winning best rock group(and their entrance)
    -Jersey Shore Cast
    -"Give me your wig!"
    -Jackass 3D previews
    -Old skool Cher
    -Lady Gaga; "Never thought Id be asking Cher to hold my meat purse"
    -Lady Gaga's bacon-licious outfit.
    -Taylor Swift being a cry baby
    -Emma Stone
    -Linkin Park
    -N.E.R.D and the new Chevy Cruze
    -Aziz Ansari and his "Kanye did what?!?" bit
    -Kanye's song to the "douchebags, assholes and jerk-offs"

I know Ray(RaginAsian) will be in here going on about Katy Perry and Gemini about how he wasnt gonna miss TrueBlood.

Not the best one, but it was decent.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

How can they still have the VMAs when nobody shows videos anymore?

Comment

Exactly!

MTV2 will occassionally have video sessions and MTV Hits shows videos most of the time now. I do miss the old days of nothing but videos. Especially in the wee hours of the morning. Or 120 minutes...that was my favorite.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Yeah.
        I mean, MTV was cool when it was MOSTLY videos, and then one or two oddball shows. Even then, the oddball shows had a pretty heavy music focus (like Beavis and Butthead... they watched videos half the time. I discovered some cool bands that way!)

If I watched the VMAs, I'd have seen all those videos for the first time! I hear all the music on the radio or Pandora (I didn't even know Deadmau5 was a big name now...)

Comment

I honestly didn't like a damn thing about. I thought it was terrible this year.

Good things:
          Katy Perry's outfit.
          B.o.B./Hayley Williams
          Eminem/Rihanna

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I want Chelsea Handler to season my meat.

Comment

Deadmau5 was the only good thing about the VMA's and they didn't even show him enough to make watching the whole program worth it.....

Comment

all the performances were wack except drakes (only because he added that extra verse at the end) and kanye wests (the song was hot) . i wish eminem wouldve done any song on his new album except the two that he performed.

overall eh ...

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

im surprised we even have this thread.....boring as hell, atleast Kanye was a lil entertaining.
                  1993 Accord LX - Sold
                  93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                  92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                  2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                  2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                  2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                  2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                  2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

surprisingly i was really entertained with that "dog days are over" song . she was one of the few performers who actually sang her song n not did some lip singing.

even though u cant blame justin bieber n usher for lip singing cuz doing all those dance moves n shit must get tiring ..

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

Somebody on FB said what ive been thinking for awhile now; It was all pop and rap. Where's the rock?

30:Mars were the only rock group and they won....*drumroll*....Best Rock Group.

All the songs and performers were this summer's hits. "Telephone" and "Video Phone" are the oldest things i saw. Otherwise, Bieber, Usher, B.o.B, Florance/Machine and ESPECIALLY that Nikie Minaj chick----are all within the last 4 or 5 months. At least here, in the midwest.

Years ago, rock bands used to win or at least be nominated, and they showed up too. Where was Shinedown? Where was 5FDP? Where was Breaking Benjamin? Where was Nickleback? I mean, come on.

In the words of Bon Scott, "Rock 'n' roll ain't noise pollution. Rock 'n' roll ain't gonna die. Rock 'n' roll ain't noise pollution. Rock 'n' roll it will survive."

Comment

I was too busy watching football. Like a man. But like deev said, they dont even show videos anymore, so what's the point?
                        1994 Honda Accord SiR Sports Sedan

“When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.” - Abraham Lincoln
                        CD5Tuner - A Fifth Generation Accord Community
                        PS3 tag: Mechtroop

Comment

I watched in hopes of seeing something new, something good for a change, but, to no avail.

Comment

i think i had lost a good amount of brain cells watching it...i watched the replay for 30 mins and was bored...BORING..

Lou's Build Thread!
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
                            "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                              Somebody on FB said what ive been thinking for awhile now; It was all pop and rap. Where's the rock?
                              Unfortunately rock is in a "slump". For some odd reason most people only like rap/pop.
                              Another thing you have to remember is that most of the people that "voted" are in the 13-20 age range (immature people who don't know real music ).

Originally posted by Velocifero View Post
                              I was too busy watching football. Like a man.
                              Real football is only played on Saturdays.

1999 BMW M3
                              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Working...
                              X