Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any anglers out there?

My catch last night:

These are some decent sized Smallmouth Bass. When I picked them up, together they felt around 5 pounds. I'm really excited to see this size of fish in the small pond that I've been going to, but I know there are bigger ones to be caught!

Side note: I did keep these bass for a bbq this weekend, but I usually do catch and release, it's the best way to be able to get some real nice fights with adult sized fish. I also only fish with a license!

Any other anglers out there?

my father, but not myself. what gear do you have? there's lots of great places up this way but i've just never gotten into it it requires more patience than i have Nice catch!! looks tasty

life is good.

Comment

Oregon eh? Didnt know they had bass up there.

I do fish, used to do a lot more warm water fishing for bass and panfish. Now I mostly fly fish and cold water fish, caught a decent lake trout last week with my dad here in NH.

I would love to go to the NWP or Alaska to go Salmon and Steelhead fishing sometime in the next few years.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
        my father, but not myself. what gear do you have? there's lots of great places up this way but i've just never gotten into it it requires more patience than i have Nice catch!! looks tasty
        I use a Shakespere 7 ft. 1 piece Ugly Stick Rod, with a 2500FD Shimano Reel with 6 ball bearings, and I mainly use deep diving crankbaits. Fishing can be slow at times, but it always pays off when you hook a big one that puts up a fight!

Originally posted by scudweiser View Post

I do fish, used to do a lot more warm water fishing for bass and panfish. Now I mostly fly fish and cold water fish, caught a decent lake trout last week with my dad here in NH.

I would love to go to the NWP or Alaska to go Salmon and Steelhead fishing sometime in the next few years.
        Salmon and Steelhead are real popular around here. I don't fish for them though because you need a boat, and there is just way too many people on the Columbia River to even enjoy yourself.

Fly fishing is something I've always wanted to try, and we have the Umatilla River that is perfect for it, I really need to just buckle down and do it already!

Nice to see some other fishing enthusiasts!

Comment

I was big into catfish last year but since i've started school, i haven't been fishing at all. The last time i went was on July 4th and all i caught was a bluegill.
          Last edited by Leung; 09-28-2010, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
            I was big into catfish last year but since i've started school, i haven't been fish at all. The last time i went was on July 4th and all i caught was a bluegill.
            My old man loved catfish. We haven't gone for awhile but they are easily some of the biggest fish you can catch around my area, except for Sturgeon.

Sunday night my brother in law snagged a Perch in the same spot that I caught these Bass. I'm heading back today to see if I can hook a monster that was jumping all over the pond.

Comment

Originally posted by scudweiser View Post
              Caught this over the summer in Oregon. I'm 6'6'', and it was as long as my forearm, if not a little longer.

Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
              Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
              Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
              Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Those are some good looking bass. I hunt and fish, if it has four legs or wings I'll hunt it and if it swims I'll try and catch it. By far my most prized catch was a 28 inch shark at topsail island, nc. Fun bastards to catch. Gun season for deer is about 2 weeks away, can't wait. What do you use as far as rod and reel. I myself use a optuim (or however you spell it) baitcast and not sure of the rod. Funny how many people that fish can't use on though, easy after you learn, it's just that learning curve can be a bitch.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                "The Turtle"
                DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

true lol it'd be more fun if the fish put up a real good fight. maybe i should give it a chance. see a lotta folks in the rivers around here fly fishing a lot especially in spring.

life is good.

Comment

if you really want a challenge get yourself an ultralight rod and go after blue gills. With maybe a 2 pount test, that rod will bend all the way down to your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
                      Those are some good looking bass. I hunt and fish, if it has four legs or wings I'll hunt it and if it swims I'll try and catch it. By far my most prized catch was a 28 inch shark at topsail island, nc. Fun bastards to catch. Gun season for deer is about 2 weeks away, can't wait. What do you use as far as rod and reel. I myself use a optuim (or however you spell it) baitcast and not sure of the rod. Funny how many people that fish can't use on though, easy after you learn, it's just that learning curve can be a bitch.
                      gun or bow?

no
                      Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                      $30 HID kits here Thread
                      "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                      "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Cold weather doesn't mean they don't bite....... It just takes a little persuasion!

Comment

nice

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
                            gun or bow?
                            I was off ny a month for gun season here, but it's open in zone 3 and in sc where my buddy hunts. Bow is in here but I lack the main thing for bow hunting, a bow.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                            "The Turtle"
                            DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Nice looking smallmouth there.

I fish, primarily catfish and pier fishing the Gulf of Mexico. Every time I've gone on a boat I haven't caught a damn thing. Boat fishing is overrated *jealousy*!
                              Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X