Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contemplating a gun...give me some advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contemplating a gun...give me some advice.

I've been debating this for quite some time and I have a friend that I used to work with that is into guns. I usually go to him when I have a question, etc.

He takes care of his shit, cleans them after every use, etc. He has a Springfield XD .40 that he is selling and I'm thinking of picking it up. He has two magazines and one high capacity magazine, case, cable lock and tactical flashlight. He's asking $400 for it and it is used but well taken care of.

Should I keep looking or what? I'm not worried about price of ammo, just wondering if I should buy a new gun or not. I had my eye on a Tangfolio Witness for a while and haven't made the leap to pursue it yet. Just looking at different options.
    VIP Status.

the SAME exact gun i have...i've been pleased with it's use..very reliable..

Lou's Build Thread!
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
    "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

Do you think $400 is a good price for it and the accessories?
      VIP Status.

Comment

I shot my buddies xd40 a few years ago and liked it, I think he payed about the amount you mentioned for it new but with no accessories whatsoever. If you want to buy it get him to let you shoot it first.

A bit off topic: I try to avoid buying or selling expensive stuff from friends, if something goes wrong it can put a strain on your friendship.

Comment

Yea, I hear you....but I trust that he wouldn't just screw me over if something did happen like that.

You never know though.
          VIP Status.

Comment

It seems like a pretty good price for the gun, although I do not know what that particular model would run brand new. I shot one not too long ago, and I was pretty impressed. Are you thinking of getting it for protection or target shooting?

Comment

Protection. Of course I would go to the range for practice and whatnot though.
              VIP Status.

Comment

Alrighty, well I guess I should have asked this earlier but is it the full size, compact, or the sub-compact model? Because I shot the full sized model and while it was nice, I personally would shy away from it for concealed carry because of the size.

Comment

I had asked him and he never got back to me. He's busy with work lately, so hopefully I can take a look at it and see what it is.
                  VIP Status.

Comment

i have the sub compact model..and yes 400 WITH accessories is a good price...i would say go for it after testing it out of course..

Lou's Build Thread!
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
                    "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

Beretta 93R.

Im going to do whatever it takes to acquire one of these. Legally, of course.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                        Beretta 93R.

Im going to do whatever it takes to acquire one of these. Legally, of course.
                        let me know when you get it, i wasnt a glock 18

Comment

XD40 is a good gun but it may be a good idea for you to go to a shop and just hold a few to see what you like (and what's comfortable). $400 is a good price but it's not an AMAZING price. What sort of tactical light comes with it?
                          My Car
                          FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

It is a subcompact model. I am going to go look at it tonight after work and possibly pick it up depending.
                            VIP Status.

Comment

Keep in mind that most states require a NICS check when buying a pistol.

Rifles can be sold face to face with a bill of sale. Pistols must be taken to an FFL dealer to be transfered.
                              My Car
                              FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Working...
                              X