What the how did you I don't even know.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the how did you I don't even know.

Story time. I parked my car in front of my apartment. It's been sitting there for 2 weeks due to a dead battery, and the fact I ride my bike everywhere. Well, on about day 4 of sitting there, I went out to the car to grab a few things, and ended up locking the keys in the car. So now the battery is dead, and the keys are locked in. Awesome.

Car continues to sit, with my BMX bike on my roof rack, NOT locked, just strapped on. I live in a pretty safe and small town, so I wasn't worried about it. And the car wasn't going anywhere with a dead battery and the key locked in it lol. I had my friend Nick who has an Accord come over to see if his key would work, and it didn't.

Well, the car is still sitting, it's going on 2 weeks, and I walked out and looked towards it today, and the drivers door was ajar. Not open all the way, but just resting there, not latched. I walk over in a panic, hoping my belongings are still in there, and am suprised to find that everything is still in the car. My laptop, my deck unit, my expensive shoes, a box full of random stuff, including my power folding mirrors and a bottle of rum. I pop my hood, everything is still there. I pop my trunk, everything is still there, including my 12" sub and amp, and yellow top battery. However, there is one thing missing. MY KEY!! It was sitting on the drivers seat, on a lanyard, and now is gone.

I check all the windows, they are fine. I have rain guards up, and they are all still there, so it appears that no one did the coat hanger trick. I check both door locks, they look untouched. The ignition is untouched also. So I am baffled. Somehow, someone opened my car door and stole my key. I'm guessing they tried to start the car, found that it was dead, then bolted with my key.

Any ideas how they could get the door unlocked without going through the window?

Cliffs:

Locked keys in car, car has dead battery.
    2 weeks later someone opens my door and steals my key, but leaves over $1500 of my belongings untouched.
    Key is still missing.
    Help.
    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Drugs are bad man.
    wat?

Comment

like I said on FB, 1st mistake is you live in an apartment

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Maybe they're setting a trap ? Somehow, they'll unlocked the car, wait for you to fix it and then come back again with your keys to jack it ?

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
        -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

I say a ghost stole your keys. No other explanation :-P
          Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

I don't know how true it is but when I was in high school, I heard that there were Honda Master keys or something like that floating around amongst thieves.

Comment

Yup probly a master key. Someone at one of the meets had one and went around unlocking everyone's cars lol. Guess now you get to live in fear of being jacked at any moment.

Comment

Well cock balls, I just need to catch the person next time they come back.
                Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

lmao theres no master key, just a warn out one

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                  01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                  93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                  93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

lol did u shut the door again?!

anyways... thats pretty shitty.. u could have gone to the dealer with a vin and proof of ownership... now u might need to replace the ignition or at least the door locks haha..

"Tucking tires and wires."
                    The Chronicles.

Comment

wtf weird. i'd change everything out before they come back with a new battery.

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
                        lol did u shut the door again?!

anyways... thats pretty shitty.. u could have gone to the dealer with a vin and proof of ownership... now u might need to replace the ignition or at least the door locks haha..
                        That's exactly what I say. TASauto has all those locks for you. Trunk, door locks, and ignition. All with new keys. Just buy an ignition and door lock. Disable the trunk lock and your golden.

Comment

lol if there was a master key that worked on any honda why would someone who had it need to steal the original key?

i'm with the first reply though.
                          Originally posted by chessboxer
                          We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
                          Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                            Any ideas how they could get the door unlocked without going through the window?
                            thats what youre worried about?

id be more worried about someone being able to steal the belongings in the car AND the car at any time they choose now that they have the key..

go change your locks..

Comment

hey if you change out all your locks dont for get the glove box, trunk release and back seat release
                              -----------------------------------------------

''It is what it is, Do what you want''
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167905

Comment

Working...
                              X