New 2012 civic generation...Meh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New 2012 civic generation...Meh

Meh...Is how i feel about this one, little more sportier but nothing amazing.
    I do not like the look of the coupe one bit, the lines make it look like it should have been a 4 door from the start. The sedans line flow much better though.
    Any thoughts?
    http://automobiles.honda.com/2012-civic/

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Kia Forte.

Comment

I like the Civic. I personally wouldn't draw any comparisons between it and the KIA Forty [sic]. The Civic's R18 is really new in its approach to balancing efficiency and power: size and efficiency of the old 1.7 but with more displacement, power of an old 2.0.
      Last edited by James Matteu; 01-10-2011, 05:53 PM.
      1997 Honda Accord EX-V6:
      C27A4 - 2.7-liter 90º-V6 with SOHC, 24-valves, PGM-Fi
      MPZA - Electronically controlled 4-speed automatic, 1 reverse
      ~170 cu. in. / ~170 ft. lbs. / ~170 whp

Originally posted by James Matteu
      You have to consider the results of your test in an objective manner, or as the country folk like to say, "son, you gotta be smarter than what you're workin' with."

Comment

smoked headlights yuk
        rear taillights resemble 03 camry fudge

Comment

I like it's look. I would prefer the black mesh grill co
          Pared to my chrome one on the 8th gen.

Comment

looks kind of like an rsx, similar sweeping body lines

My Members Ride Thread
            Originally posted by deevergote
            You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Originally posted by DariuszZ View Post
              Kia Forte.
              when an si and an evo have babies they make a kia fortevosi

Comment

The shape of the coupe is a little funny looking but the front and rear bumpers are sex. Slap those on the sedan and it'd be an awesome looking car.

And I agree that the Kia definitely has a Civic look to it.

Comment

with all the sharp angles it reminds me of the celica

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                  01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                  93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                  93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Sorry Honda, but your four-door Civic looks like a Scion tC.
                    Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

I'm still inclined to hate Hyundai because they are typically cheap. But damnit they need to stop making cars that are cool!

Veloster
                      http://jalopnik.com/5728923/hyundai-...asks-honda-who

Sonata 2.0T
                      http://www.ridelust.com/2011-hyundai...delust-review/
                      Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                      D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                      ┴─┴
                      ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                        Meh...Is how i feel about this one, little more sportier but nothing amazing.
                        I do not like the look of the coupe one bit, the lines make it look like it should have been a 4 door from the start. The sedans line flow much better though.
                        Any thoughts?
                        http://automobiles.honda.com/2012-civic/

Absolutely LOVE both of them. I was worried I wouldn't want to consider getting rid of my 8th gen sedan, but based on this I just might. If they don't F up the powertrain.

Originally posted by DariuszZ View Post
                        Kia Forte.

That's because Kia copied Honda. Honda is allowed to copy themselves. Kia is a knockoff of the current Civic...

Originally posted by Masamune View Post
                        I'm still inclined to hate Hyundai because they are typically cheap. But damnit they need to stop making cars that are cool!

Veloster
                        http://jalopnik.com/5728923/hyundai-...asks-honda-who

Sonata 2.0T
                        http://www.ridelust.com/2011-hyundai...delust-review/
                        Sorry, but the Veloster is just as low powered as the CR-Z and is ugly as shit.

Don't let the media hype fool you. The Sonata 2.0T is basically an Accord V6 with a turbo 4 instead (auto only, relatively large, soft and heavy, etc). Performance is about on par with the V6 based vehicles too.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I thought of the forte when I saw the pictures too... though I think the Forte looks good, so I don't say that in a bad way. Honda has a clearly defined design going through their entire vehicle line, so I can respect that. I see cues from the Accord and CR-Z in that new Civic, and it's not so far off from the previous model that it looks completely foreign. WAY better than the last Celica that Toyota made, and I'd say the design is far more coherent than the tC (which has always looked rather unfinished design-wise to me.)
                          I'm not a huge fan of the design direction Honda has taken, though. I don't really dislike it, but I don't stare longingly at any new Hondas. Even my little Fit is a pretty goofy looking car! I have more respect for Honda's functionality, reliability, comfort, agility, and sensible engineering than I do for their styling. In my opinion, the best looking Hondas existed in the 90s. Then again, we have different "pedestrian safety" laws now that require cars to be bulbous and gross looking...

As for the Hyundais... the Veloster is bubbly. It might be "sporty", but not in a performance sort of way. More in a quirky sort of way... The Veloster is to the Kia Soul as the xD is to the xB.

The turbo 4 in the Sonata is a cool move. It sets the Sonata apart from the rest of the crowd (and oddly enough, suggests to me that Hyundai may be gunning for VW/Audi now... seeing as they're the only other big company to put turbo 4s in their larger, more upscale vehicles.) However, that turbo 4 has generated very little positive press. Basically, it gets the job done... but it doesn't excite anyone.
                          However, one thing that DOES interest me... the engine in the Sonata makes a good deal more power than the engine in the base model Genesis coupe. It has me wondering how many different parts are responsible for this difference. Imagine if it's just the ECU... People here get excited over the (roughly) 10hp granted by the P12's tuning over a PT3... Imagine the bliss a 64hp gain will bring about in 15 years!
                          (ok, nevermind... I don't want to delete all that, but I just did a little research. The Genesis has a 2.0L, and the Sonata has a 2.4L... though there still may be some parts that could be swapped.

Comment

Ehhh, they're not bad. They'll grow on me just like the current gen did.

I do however much prefer the Kia Forte's styling over the Civics.

In the first pic of the Civic coupe, the side and rear almost look like the current Accord coupe belt line and trunk area. Handsome, but slightly bland.

What's up with the smoked lights? Not cool.

Comment

From what I read of the Forte, it's a fairly capable car... but not very sharp in handling (especially compared to a Civic, even with the fairly feel-numbing electric power steering.) The Forte has a reputation for being very quiet, though... which is rare in that market segment.

The smoked lights are probably just Honda's attempt at getting into the "factory modified" market. Just like Chevy with the Aveo's "euro" lights that went out of popularity years before the car's release.
                              Car companies have to realize that popular aftermarket trends are NOT going to be welcome on brand new cars. The trends die out too quickly, and by the time a car goes through the engineering and manufacturing process, the trend will be long forgotten!

Comment

Working...
                              X