Real estate gurus|Your knowledge is requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real estate gurus|Your knowledge is requested

Well, Ive been thinking about buying a 3 bed, 1 1/2 bath for a few months now. Im sorta having second thoughts. I know i want it cause everyone needs to start somewhere and i think this will be a very inexpensive learning tool. On the otherhand, I dont wanna be stuck with a piece of property no one will rent, or eventually buy. I know I would be happy with living in it if i decide to keep it that long, but mostly I plan on buying it as an investment.

so heres where the gurus come into play, what questions would you ask, what should i pay particular attention to, what would you do if you were in my situation?

real estate is fun, eh

Well you are going to want to see if you think the real estate and population of the area is going to go up. If more people are gonna need a house, than that will promise that you will have leasee's in the future. Look into the politics and economics of that area, jobs coming in, or going out?

Im prolly gonna take my real estate exam sometime during the summer just for the heck of it... for a different way to make some money on the side.

Comment

For some reason I dont see myself having a prob with finding leases, The areas real estate doesnt seem to be increasing anytime soon either... for some reason, i still wanna do it, just to see what I could do with the house and what i may be able to flip it for when the time comes

do you know if theres any online real-estate courses and tests, altho i didnt plan on testing til next year, wouldnt hurt knowing now for then

Comment

Dont know of any online ones.. just 2 schools that are down here.

Comment

damnit,
          most likely i will be starting an overseas job with kbr/haliburton next jan. and will be takin whatever courses interest me or ones i may be able to use and was hoping i would be able to find that one when the time came, sucks

Comment

well, steve you dont even know the price,age, location
            lol- and im not tellin you the price... you will shit

Comment

you stated you knew someone interested in buyin it,

what do you look at when thinkin about buyin a house-lol

Comment

man do it like this.... find a good middle class neighberhood. where people are coming in and getting houses.
                find a fixer uper. like a shitty house for cheap. and fix it up little by little....

or if u have anough cash laying around,,,, go to an auction,, or buy a house that is being sold by a bank(bank reposesed property)
                if u can find one in a good place.
                are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
                  Think, man!

ugh, ok

Comment

Working...
                  X