Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

everyone always talks trash... but the "silver bullet" really is water.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

everyone always talks trash... but the "silver bullet" really is water.

i know a lot of you are going to say "duh!". but ive been drinking coors light for a while now. mainly because its light and crisp during the summer... but mostly because its super cheap.

anyways, recently at work ive been buying some "mystery" beer bags. $5.99 for a randomly selected 8-pack. now considering a 6pack of any decent beer can run you $7-9, $6 for an 8 is a great deal, IF you get good beers. and i always do. being an employee, i pick my own "random" bottles.

the past couple days, ive been trying different beers. one i really like is this...

now fast forward to tonight and this post. i made some nachos and grabbed a coors, figured i didnt want to drink all the good shit first and be left with nothing but coors. and it really does taste like nothing. to use a wine term, there is absolutely zero finish. im actually shocked. ive been drinking it for years, and everything was fine. now, my taste buds have grown accustom to the flavor of good beer... sucks for my wallet.

thats all. just a

you should watch beer wars. it'll make you hate the big 3. bud, miller, coors. most people who think they know their beer actually can't taste the difference between the 3.

Comment

i dont know if you ever heard of Fat Tire, but its a good beer! Not cheap(8-9 bucks a 6-pack) But worth it in my book! Also a Texas beer but should be nationwide is Shiner Bock Little bit cheaper but smooth finish! Yea after stepping up my beer game(lol) bud, miller, coors, are not even worth my time!!! Also notice i dont as much as i do when i start trying beer with actually taste, than trying to get a good buzz before etc...
      Originally posted by Makaveli2k
      Just goes to show, leave the JDM poses to the Nimble, sleek, asians. =)

Comment

this thread is now about gina carano.
        To-Do List for Today
        Be Awesome

Comment

i always called it coors water. my homie thought he was the shit because he drank 8 coors light while we were all sippin on new castle. until we told him, "fool... your just drinking water" lol

Comment

I like the Big 3 light beers for the crisp, refreshing, "not really a beer" aspect on a hot day. It's like a beer flavored soda.

But yeah, a REAL beer is so much different.

I'm dying to try Fat Tire. We don't get it on the East Coast, and I've been hearing great things for years.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              I like the Big 3 light beers for the crisp, refreshing, "not really a beer" aspect on a hot day. It's like a beer flavored soda.

But yeah, a REAL beer is so much different.

I'm dying to try Fat Tire. We don't get it on the East Coast, and I've been hearing great things for years.
              if you tried blue moon, its almost similar. add an orange slice and its great!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

Fat Tire is amazing. I used to drink it all the time at parties while everyone else drank coors or bitch beer... Alaskan Amber Ale tastes just like it at a cheaper price..so look for that, but im not sure if they sell it on the east coast either

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
                  if you tried blue moon, its almost similar. add an orange slice and its great!
                  For some reason i think blue moon tastes like moldy bread, unless i have a big ol' slice of orange with it..

I would disagree and say it does not taste like Fat Tire..definitely not as sweet.

Henry Weinhard's Belgian Style Wheat is by far my most favorite at the moment. No need for an orange, it tastes like frootloops. No lie.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

theres a place in jersey that has wall coolers FILLED with hundreds of microbrew types. they provide empty 6-pack holders and let you mix & match any 6 you want. GREAT way to try new types of beer!! happy to see you enjoying a similar deal, shame more places dont do it that way. do you guys get Ithaca down there?

im not a big beer fan and ive never been one for chugging pisswater (its only good when you are SUPER thirsty and it is ICE COLD), but i recently went to the International Great Beer Expo and tried so many types that it really opened up my eyes (or... palate) to how flavorful they actually can be.
                    Last edited by cp[mike]; 04-05-2011, 12:21 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

gina carano > beer
                      To-Do List for Today
                      Be Awesome

Comment

Microbrews > Big name beer. My favorite beer is dogfishhead 90 mins. Very hoppy and love it
                        ~Nick~
                        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

you guys give me the word. and i'll have a six of tire and moon mailed out haha

those two are my first pick for taste and price. boulevard is good also. it's a wheat beer made over in kc. damn i'm thirsty...

"My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

If you want a good refreshing beer try a steam or california common ale. Anchor Steam is a good one, easy to find too.

Comment

fat tire taste nothing like blue moon! But a better belguim beer to me is shocktop. You could drink it without a orange. Now im going to get some tire later today.
                              Originally posted by Makaveli2k
                              Just goes to show, leave the JDM poses to the Nimble, sleek, asians. =)

Comment

Working...
                              X