Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My sister's birthday, what to get her? Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sister's birthday, what to get her? Help?

My sister's birthday is coming up in a month or so and I'd like to get her something... but just like the man I am, have no clue on what to get her.

She never asks for anything and is happy with what she does have.
    She's turning seventeen, loves anime (One Piece big time), plays video games with the best of us, music, cars, and other not so "girly" things.

Anybody have some ideas?
    Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

She likes cars but does she have one yet? Last year I did the tint for my sister's birthday, she's very happy with it, and the fact that my niece does not get sun in her eyes anymore.

If so, you could do something or get something car-related.

life is good.

Comment

Nope, no car yet. She's happy bumming rides from my mom, dad, or me.

If she had one I would totally do something nice to it for her (such as tint). She needs to get a car to make birthday shopping easier on me.

Comment

why not get some money from your parents to go in on a car for her?

Comment

A dildo? A autographed copy of Friday?

Comment

Anime and video games?

Here's what you do... you get a box, some wrapping paper, and a piece of note paper. You write my phone number on the note paper, put it in the box, and wrap it all pretty-like. Then you tell her to call that number in exactly one year.

In all seriousness, though... I'd say take her out to eat, and maybe get her something small related to something she likes (sounds like she likes enough boy-stuff that it'd be easy to know what to get!)
            At 17 years old, having a good relationship with a sibling is actually pretty rare... so quality time spent with her is quite possibly the best gift you could give!

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
              why not get some money from your parents to go in on a car for her?
              I'd have to take her with me because she is soooo picky and has all sorts of ideas of what her first car should/will be. But that is at least a gift that would help her. Hmmm...

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
              A dildo? A autographed copy of Friday?
              She would stab you with a comment like that.
              Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Anime and video games?

Here's what you do... you get a box, some wrapping paper, and a piece of note paper. You write my phone number on the note paper, put it in the box, and wrap it all pretty-like. Then you tell her to call that number in exactly one year.
              Knowing how she thinks, don't give her the opportunity to screw with your mind... she'll take it and have you all fucked up in all sort of ways.

In all seriousness, though... I'd say take her out to eat, and maybe get her something small related to something she likes (sounds like she likes enough boy-stuff that it'd be easy to know what to get!)
              At 17 years old, having a good relationship with a sibling is actually pretty rare... so quality time spent with her is quite possibly the best gift you could give!
              Now that is doable. I never think about taking people out to dinner (I'm a stay at home and cook type of person), so that would be good.

I was thinking maybe some sort of high quality jewelry/necklace/ring/ something that is related to an anime show and get her that but so far I've came up empty. Just cheap China made garbage.

So a dinner is in the lead.

Comment

Take her out to a nice dinner and maybe a movie, or a book store. My sister is always just thrilled to spend time with me any more. When we were little, we played all the time. But now that she's 23, and I'm 20, she lives in Kansas and I live in Iowa, it's not always easy to keep caught up. So birthdays are a great chance to have good food, spend time together, and be kids again in a way.

EDIT: with the bookstore, perhaps buy her something she'll enjoy. Not just take her there, lol...
                "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                Disregard females, acquire currency
                BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Give her money, and take her out to eat

92 cb7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176886

91 cb9 wagon

Comment

Dinner is usually what my friends and family do. My mom and stepfather took me and my new girlfriend out for my birthday last month to some super fancy restaurant (that had a "budget menu" for $35 per person... that's how we roll) My mom was pissed that we sat right next to the piano player, so we couldn't hear each other.

Comment

Dinner is usually what my friends and family do. My mom and stepfather took me and my new girlfriend out for my birthday last month to some super fancy restaurant (that had a "budget menu" for $35 per person... that's how we roll) My mom was pissed that we sat right next to the piano player, so we couldn't hear each other.
                      lol i bet the piano player was playing the music loud to.

91 cb9 wagon

Comment

Yeah. It was my mom's first time meeting the new girlfriend, and she spent the whole night smiling and nodding... didn't hear a word that was said. That's probably why she laughed when my girl dropped a fart joke...

Comment

lol

91 cb9 wagon

Comment

take her out for a nice dinner and get her a teddy bear, that seems to work

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18 View Post
                              take her out for a nice dinner and get her a teddy bear, that seems to work
                              oh, you mean...

Comment

Working...
                              X