Saw this on facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sulimed View Post
    not wanting to sit next to someone(with no pryor knowledge of said person) cause of there race IS racism. you down like your "hill bill" co-worker cause you know him.

you can "not" like someone for any reason. it's you god even right. but when you voice it to single out the ppl or person you don't like..... then it becomes a problem.
    now that i think about it, it is racism because she doesn't care to be upgraded but even isolated away from that certain race.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i have no clue why you even mentioned inferiority.. and who cares about being upgraded or not?.. she didnt want to sit next to a man because of his race.. being prejudice against a certain race is RACism..

plus.. this is an ooooold "story".. call it a joke, anecdote, wives tale, parable.. whatever.. but its just another one recycled on the internet made out to be a recent story..

Comment

Exactly. Racism isn't an expression of superiority. It often is, but not necessarily. Hell, black people that hate white people because they feel white people are handed everything on a silver platter... they're racist, and that's certainly not an expression of superiority! A white guy that cheats off an Asian guy's test in high school, because he assumes the Asian guy is smarter, and therefore will get all the right answers... that's racism, and the white guy is assuming that the Asian guy is superior.

Racism is simply acting on an assumption that someone is different because of their race. Trying to be nice by providing fried chicken and watermelon at a gathering because a black man is going to be there is racist, even if there is no ill intent behind it.

Comment

Now I have this stuck in my head...

Mike Park is the shit. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Exactly. Racism isn't an expression of superiority. It often is, but not necessarily. Hell, black people that hate white people because they feel white people are handed everything on a silver platter... they're racist, and that's certainly not an expression of superiority! A white guy that cheats off an Asian guy's test in high school, because he assumes the Asian guy is smarter, and therefore will get all the right answers... that's racism, and the white guy is assuming that the Asian guy is superior.

Racism is simply acting on an assumption that someone is different because of their race. Trying to be nice by providing fried chicken and watermelon at a gathering because a black man is going to be there is racist, even if there is no ill intent behind it.
            Thank you.
            1993 Accord LX - Sold
            93 BMW 525it - SOLD
            92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
            2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
            2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
            2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
            2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
            2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

waits for JewelProject lol.
              COUPE K24

Comment

I'm against racism.

I have recently (within the past year) been told by a white professor that I could never be the president of our FSAE team attributable to me being a black man from the ghetto, and they don't want someone like me in a position like that no matter how much talent, skill, qualifications, and knowledge I possess.

It's something that I will never forget. How true it is? Well, that can always be debated. However, that's what I was told.
                The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

If you acted ghetto, then he'd have a point... but not because of your race or your origin, but because of the way you acted. It's like the people on here that type in txt or street slang. They may not be idiots, but their actions certainly don't do anything to support their case.
                  Of course, I've met you, and I know you don't act ghetto...

Now, was his statement itself racist, or was he pointing out the fact that OTHER people are undoubtedly going to be racist? Because it's true. If you get into a situation where you're working with a bunch of yuppie engineers that never had to work for a thing in their lives, and they find out that you came from the ghetto... they're very likely going to assume that they're better than you. That's more of an unfair social assumption than a racial one, in that particular situation (not that it makes it any better...)

Comment

It's a fowl situation, especially when I can do what they can do, and I'm confident that I can do it better.

Racist or classist?

They do stuff like withhold vital information from me when I asked for it which seems like it's done to hinder my growth. Information that's not publicly available for the organization has been kept from me in the past, and given to other members. Even when the others and myself asked for the information around the same time, I still wasn't given access to the information. Why?

- D. Chappelle

Comment

It could just be he doesn't like you. Doesn't really mean to be racists..he just doesn't like you period. Dude, you can report him for that kind of mess

no
                      Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                      $30 HID kits here Thread
                      "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                      "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Him and I have a rapport.

It's probably the others who are afraid of what they don't know, see, or understand what I am capable. Everyone on the team that's in an executive position is from the mid-upper class suburbs and they all drive BMW's.

I do things a little different, so I naturally surround myself with those who have to work hard and bust their ass for a living. It's basically the spoiled brats who always have mommy and daddy to constantly give them a titty to suck on.

In no way am I jealous or pissed that they have that luxury, 'cause honestly I can have it to. I just choose not to 'cause I'm a grown man, and I handle my responsibilities as a man. This is a concept they haven't had to deal with in life. I don't fault them, as it's their way of life.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Just don't get so defensive of your own position that you assume every person that comes from a more affluent background than you is 1) just floating by, or 2) looking down on you because of your background. Assuming a prejudice when it doesn't exist is prejudice in itself.

Comment

True.

However, when it's clearly evident, and they don't try to hide it... no assumption is needed. Especially when it is spoke about by old members who informed me of what transpired during the election process.

Furthermore, the president who is a colleague of mine told me being as though he's struggling with everything, I'm not capable of doing it. What? After that, I just had to laugh. People were approaching me like I had classes with him, and his grades don't seem to be that good. I normally respond by saying, "politics!" Him and I are cool, and I remember helping him numerous times with material...

...and I'm not capable.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I know that feeling a black teacher in 2nd grade told me i was white trash and under educated and didnt belong in a school with all the city kids in it and to put back the wishbone book because it was too hard for me to read. Still bugs me to this day and has deeply affected me. I understand how you feel and how wrong it is. Personally just do bitchin work thatll get you perfect scores for days and prove his dumbass wrong.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

Yeah, it's not cool.

I know I'm not perfect, nor do I know everything. I make plenty of mistakes just as the next man or woman. However, the one thing I do have is determination and confidence. With that, I know that I can do anything that I put my mind to.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                                X