Discuss .........!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discuss .........!

Well, it's been almost 24 hours, finally, the net is starting to release more and more news about it.

Tippey and Deev seem to think that deleteing or closing a thread over this issue
    and "talking about accords" is far more important then giving up certain constitutional rights.
    I might have to agree actually! Afterall, this is an import tuner forum, moreover the OT section.
    You know, where NWS videos and images of tits and many other OT subjects are located.
    And BTW, my first thread contained some good feed back from some good members,
    only to have seen them disappear when the second thread was started and closed by Deev.

Whas tha matta? Some of those members that agree with me, all of a sudden got cat tongue?
    Which further proves my point that certain members seem to, jump on the bandwagon
    and sway a thread one way or another thereby leaving the other group deciding to move on.
    Or not ..

We can talk about tits and pussie, we can even laugh at the expense of other peoples videos
    of horrendeous, hideous wipeouts on highways, police chases to Nanny for Daddy Daughter threads! Seriously?

But we delete and close threads that contain something political and threaten some of our rights?
    K. I thought I sent my daughter to school for an education, not to be "policed" in nutritional etiquette!

Just discuss it! And to those who responded in my first thread that got deleted,
    only to have vanished in my second that was closed by Deev .. come back and voice it!

Am I over the top? I don't know! That's why I want a discussion! Was I over the top in my first thread?
    Yeah, I was pretty harsh .. perhaps I might have waited a day to post up.
    I apologised, because I was wrong. But those are my true feelings.

I'd just like to know from the tuner community, of which most of you are VERY young,
    and will more then likely have to deal with more of this in YOUR future .. what your thoughts are?

Simple .. easy .. just like this:
    http://nz.answers.yahoo.com/question...5095807AAG9AvA
    But from you guys and girls .. what's so difficult about that?

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Politics and Religion are some of the best discussions. Unfortunately, they're also the most heated. Those are 2 things that people will not be moved on and do not like other people telling them their side. They stand by what they stand by for their own reasons.

Debating about it, only starts fights and causes problems.

What are the main causes of wars? Politics, Religion and Money.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

i am sorry i am not aware of the original thread,I do not come on as much as I used to due to a few reasons.

I do agree with mike on the politics threads, and i do not get involved in those types of discussion any more,I just got burnt out all it did was raise my blood pressure and it was a waste of time.
      WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post

What are the main causes of wars? Politics, Religion and Money.
        I can't agree anymore with that Mike. I've always said, "if there were no religion, there would be no wars."

And yes, it is unfortunate that politics and religion are met with such harsh debate.
        It is what it is I guess .. but a community like ours which thrives with so many YOUNG people,
        certainly, must have an educated idea as to where they see their future headed.
        Most importantly, those with children should be the most concerned, and would surely have some input!?

Comment

I do agree that I wish those topics could be discussed. I love a good debate. Maybe even a heated one. Im just secure enough in my beliefs to not be moved, to not force them down someone else's throat and once the ball has been vollied back and forth a few times, you agree to disagree.

But some people arent as free-spirited as myself. So, in order to not offend ANYONE, those topics simply can't be discussed.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

You know I love a good discussion on those topics.

I joined the Politics forum on HT to satisfy my need to pointlessly argue with strangers. I have to agree with some of these guys, Pakalolo, this is a horrible venue for these kinds of arguments.
            I don't want to lump all our members in this generality; but if you want informed political discourse, you ain't gettin' it herr.

Come on to HT, and read the political forum... There are some big boys playing in there, and you will get a diverse and well cited argument.

Just trying to save you some time and typing hon.
            Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini
              I sure he knows this but he still wants to take it there for whatever reason.
              The reason as stated earlier is BECAUSE this is a tuner forum, filled with todays YOUTH!
              Some of which who are parents or soon to be! Not some forum FOR politics or parenting!
              It's a view from a community like THIS one that I'm interested in, because it's a community
              that involves me and CONNECTS me with all of you, BECAUSE of what we drive ..
              If i took the time to look into the topic he's referring and if I found credibly information i might even agree with him
              I'm confused about you not being able to "find credible information" in the article I linked?
              What are you looking for that you can't find?
              but the way he's going about makes me not even want to be part of the discussion/debate. I like discussions/debates to be mostly fact but somewhere in the last thread i see personal shots being taken and i cant deal with that.
              I aplogised for that last thread, I'll apoligise again .. yes, I was harsh, yes I took shots ..
              I should've taken a breath or two before posting .. I'll apologise again if need be.

Comment

I dont mind a debate, as long as it's with intelligent people like myself. I know people who are intelligent, articulate and well-rounded people but they LOVE to shout and berate you and bombard you with their nonsense. It makes debating with them not fun.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post

But some people arent as free-spirited as myself. So, in order to not offend ANYONE, those topics simply can't be discussed.
                  And that's very sad .. in more ways then one ..
                  It's too bad, even if the OP is in fact quite "harsh" that a community can't discuss it.
                  I've read some "harsh" things here and on other forums that were just as, if not more harsh ..
                  I'm not saying it justifies more of the same here within OUR community, because on other forums,
                  it's met most of the time with the same treatment .. it's either deleted, closed, or ignored all-together.

That just worries me .. to an extent. I mean, I don't lose sleep over it or have suicidal thoughts.
                  But there's a void there, a gap if you will, to where most young people today seem to be more concerned
                  with the NOW moment then both the now and the tomorrow ..
                  Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 02-15-2012, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyG View Post

Just trying to save you some time and typing hon.
                    LMAO! That is THE right response that I might have expected from you Mah Lady!
                    But I'm a persistant lil buger .. always have been .. didn't get to where I am by laying down.
                    And I ain't gonna lay down on this one ..

I really appreciate it tho ..
                    You and your endeavors have always been highly regarded and respected here by me, and many others!

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
                      I totally missed the topic here....

whats did i miss?!??!?!!?

I want to be apart of it......shit if it's good enough i don't mind being banned over it....no worries lol.
                      OP is upset about the First Lady's views on children lunches and/or healthy food. Something along those lines.

Hey, it's something that he feels the need to be discussed. His original post turned off a few members including myself by which I didn't even feel like indulging into the issues.

EDIT: I went back and read. First Lady FTW!
                      Last edited by Straight Success; 02-16-2012, 01:02 AM.
                      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                        OP is upset about the First Lady's views on children lunches and/or healthy food.
                        Ummm .. no!

I'm upset at the fact that we're not even QUESTIONING the issue (or BLIND to it)
                        that my child has to be policed by a "Gov. Agent", BECAUSE HE, (per: Ms Obama)
                        deem my child's HOME PACKED lunch is NOT appropiate! THEN, after "deciding" it isn't,
                        not only subsitutes her original lunch, with what "the first lady" deems nutritional, AND THEN ..
                        later bills the family of said child who's lunch was INappropiate.

To add, (and this is JUST MY OPINION) but if me, myself, my child, OR my spouse,
                        is subject to be TOLD what to eat and what NOT to eat .. it should come .. SHOULD ..
                        come from someone who isn't OVERWEIGHT HERSELF! NOOO!! I would EXPECT that input, information ..
                        ORrrrr, "suggestion" if you will, come from a competent trainer, nutritionist, or SOME sort of "authoritarian" on FOOD.
                        NOT my first lady, who can't watch her OWN eating habits when ordering 25 pizzas at her last throw down in Hawaii!

Is this the: Do as I say, not as I do .. if you're going to actually change the constitution,
                        shouldn't you live by the same set of rules. If not, at the very least .. set a GOOD example?
                        Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 02-15-2012, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Dude. Chill. Yes its an important issue and yes I would be pissed also but this isnt the place man. Your just going to start a flame war.
                          -Will

Comment

You made ANOTHER thread??? Nice knowing ya pal.
                            Originally posted by Mishakol129
                            Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Tomi, if I hadn't known you since 2003, you'd have been banned permanently for this.

Apparently my blatant disapproval for a discussion that was causing unnecessary tension on my forum is unacceptable to you, so you feel the need to insult me by making yet ANOTHER thread... and essentially telling me that my rules don't matter.

I don't appreciate it.

Carry on. I won't lock this one. If it gets out of hand, all involved in the conversation will be permanently banned. This is a site for 90-93 Honda Accords, not a forum for heated political debate. The last two threads showed very clearly that this topic, and those that choose to discuss it, are incapable of having a mature discussion.
                              Anyone who doesn't want to be permanently banned from this site, delete your posts in this thread now, and remove yourself from it. There are a lot of people in this thread that I actually consider to be my friends... and I won't hesitate to ban every last one of you. Disrespect is something I will not tolerate on my own forum. Being a nice guy seems to give people the impression that they can show such disrespect. That is far from the truth.

Comment

Working...
                              X