No announcement yet.

XXR's seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was actually thinking of buying a set of xxrs for DAILY rims and give my rezaxs a break from the heavy road beating of driving it everyday. I'll just use my works as show rims since i invested a lot of money on them.

xxrs are nice for dailys. but id never go to a car show or car meet with them. thats why i have my works.

Comment

lmao.....another xxr hater thread? i bought "mine" because "I" like the way they look....is that so hard for people to understand?
      SHARPIE ACCORD HERE....
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192457

Comment

Originally posted by BIGRICH View Post
        lmao.....another xxr hater thread? i bought "mine" because "I" like the way they look....is that so hard for people to understand?
        i agree.
        1993 Honda Accord LX
        2006 Yamaha R6
        2004 Acura TSX

Comment

Most people buy them because they want to fit in with the trend, and they can't afford anything else.

If you have XXR wheels on a street car, and they're mounted properly... they're just wheels. No big deal. But if you buy them for the purpose of sticking them out like wings... then they look idiotic, and they are unsafe (in fact, GOOD wheels set up this way are no better.)

The thing is, we've had about a dozen threads in the past few months from people saying "I want to get these XXR wheels so I can be 'stanced'. Will they fit?" and THAT gets irritating as hell. NO they won't fit! They're a fucking 0 offset!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            most People Buy Them Because They Want To Fit In With The Trend, And They Can't Afford Anything Else.

If You Have Xxr Wheels On A Street Car, And They're Mounted Properly... They're Just Wheels. No Big Deal. But If You Buy Them For The Purpose Of Sticking Them Out Like Wings... Then They Look Idiotic, And They Are Unsafe (in Fact, Good Wheels Set Up This Way Are No Better.)

The Thing Is, We've Had About A Dozen Threads In The Past Few Months From People Saying "i Want To Get These Xxr Wheels So I Can Be 'stanced'. Will They Fit?" And That Gets Irritating As Hell. No They Won't Fit! They're A Fucking 0 Offset!
            Lmao!

Comment

NO they won't fit! They're a fucking 0 offset!
              well yes....yes they will....
              SHARPIE ACCORD HERE....

Comment

If you hit a bump at 30mph, is your tire going to be sliced by a fender?

Comment

If you hit a bump at 30mph, is your tire going to be sliced by a fender?
                  absolutely not....complete clearance.

i drive this car daily to and from work (52 miles round trip). 36 miles of the round trip are on I85 at speeds of 65-80mph.

zero problems with rubbing, cutting, slicing, carving, gashing, grooving or any other word you can come up with to describe damage to a tire from a fender.

hope that answered any questions.
                  SHARPIE ACCORD HERE....

Comment

I just dont understand stancing and herrafrush.

Fuck spacers and all that jazz. IDC how cool you think you look. I'll lagh my ass off at you when your shit breaks.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                    Originally posted by Jarrett
                    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Mike, didn't you have spacers on your car to run ITR wheels?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post

Fuck spacers and all that jazz. IDC how cool you think you look. I'll lagh my ass off at you when your shit breaks.
                        no spacers on mine
                        SHARPIE ACCORD HERE....

Comment

Yep. I was misinformed and told by everyone, "you'll be fine." "I do it all the time" "dude it's only like 5mm"

I made it around town fine but I made it about 300 miles before my lugs sheared off the studs.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                          Originally posted by Jarrett
                          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I made it about 300 miles before my lugs sheared off the studs.
                            i have never had that problem when torqued correctly....have seen it happen when not.
                            SHARPIE ACCORD HERE....

Comment

i dont understand a lot of other trends, like jdm'ing your car out for example, but that doesnt mean im not allowed to like whatever i want to like.

im with bigrich fully on this one, i didnt run xxrs, but i bought my rotas because i liked the style, and because i wasnt going to spend 4x as much for hayashi streets which are the EXACT same thing: gravity cast knockoffs of an old 70s formula wheel... just because they are the "originals" and "made in japan"

and while i agree there are parts of the culture that are potentially unsafe, (stretching 185/195s on 10-11" wheels anybody?) my setups on both of my previous cars were completed using good quality parts and were completely safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopeless View Post
                                i dont understand a lot of other trends, like jdm'ing your car out for example, but that doesnt mean im not allowed to like whatever i want to like.

im with bigrich fully on this one, i didnt run xxrs, but i bought my rotas because i liked the style, and because i wasnt going to spend 4x as much for hayashi streets which are the EXACT same thing: gravity cast knockoffs of an old 70s formula wheel... just because they are the "originals" and "made in japan"

and while i agree there are parts of the culture that are potentially unsafe, (stretching 185/195s on 10-11" wheels anybody?) my setups on both of my previous cars were completed using good quality parts and were completely safe.
                                where is the thanks or rep button at?
                                SHARPIE ACCORD HERE....

Comment

Working...
                                X