Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you won $5,000 what would you buy? (Car parts/ tools)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you won $5,000 what would you buy? (Car parts/ tools)?

I'm curious . If any of you won $5,000 for spending ONLY on tools, and another $5,000 for spending ONLY on car upgrades (what ever you want, tires, tranny, etc) what would you guys get?

||91 Accord EX|| All of my images are hosted courtesy of imageShack.com
    Door-Sensor fix (DIY)||Interfacing Arduino to Power locks
    RICE = Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement.
    "The greatest advantage of speaking the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said." - unknown
    "That's the funny thing about parts that break... they're never broken until they are!" -deevergote

$5000 would get me a modest pre-built garage installed. I would consider that to be a tool!

$5000 for the car... well, since my CB is going to be a race car, I'll be doing proper race prep on it... cage, new suspension, brake upgrades, good tires (a few sets.) I think that stuff alone puts me over $5000!

Comment

If I had 5gs to dump into my baby I'd get:

New rims / GOLD BBs type wheels
      Coilover & camber kit
      Fix all the small rust spots on her
      New Fast Idle, IACV, and Clutch..

She's good after all this!
      Jay
      HondaLina
      91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

Legit industrial vinyl printer/cutter

For the car, I dunno some stupid expensive wheels that I would never spend my own money on.
        Originally posted by wed3k
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

purple volk te37
          function and forms
          gracer lip
          sir headlights

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
            purple volk te37
            function and forms
            gracer lip
            sir headlights
            SIR Headlights on a CB7? Wiiicked!!
            Jay
            HondaLina
            91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_JAY91 View Post
              SIR Headlights on a CB7? Wiiicked!!
              I have a CE1

Comment

i actually plan on doing this now that work for me is in full tilt. I work 40-60 hours a week on any given week now. I want to save $5000 for "fun money" aka for the car and tools to work on said car. I want to do $2000 on tools and equipment for the garage and $3000 on parts for the cb. I plan to save at least that much by the end of december.

That's the plan anyway. If I do accomplish my goal you might see the results on here as soon as February of next year. If of course the world decides to not end.

Comment

id put r33 headlights and taillights on a cb7 with a candy paint job.

Comment

Sell CG.
                    Buy UA6.

Or 8G v6 coupe.
                    Last edited by MikeW; 04-24-2012, 12:56 PM.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                    Originally posted by Jarrett
                    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I would get a car lift for my garage b/c my life is priceless

Comment

As far as tools, a bigger compressor and a lift. Car parts, xida club sport coil overs and a 03 Miata engine with 6 speed transmission.

Comment

Get rid of truck. Buy CB fix cb. modest upgrades

OR

Lift kit for truck 4.0 splash V6 or mount kit for the 351 cleveland and trans i have sitting in my yard
                          -Will

Comment

Tools: id decent used mill and lathe with a nice, big assortment of tooling. Anything I have left would go into a big compressor, air tools, a mig welder, a tig welder, a metal cutting bandsaw, and a couple beefy grinders.

For my car, amr coilovers, finish up my bay, some nice reclinable recaros, 5lug, nice wheels, something polished in 18x8 +25 or so, a 12:1 built f22, and fix my rust

edit if it doesn't have to be shop tools, then ill replace the mill with a canon 7d, a 10-22, and a 70-200 f4
                            Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 04-24-2012, 05:41 PM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Tools: a decent tig welder, and a plasma cutter, and possibly a rotating car frame

car: well since I am doing the RB25 swap I would throw it at getting the rest of the parts for that

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                              1992 Accord EX Coupe
                              My FS Thread
                              Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Working...
                              X