No announcement yet.

Another should I trade thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i agree. if it breaks fixing it will probably be difficult. the things that are likely to break and be expensive to fix are the parts that we didnt get on this side of the world
    and if he went muscle i dont see anything wrong with old ford or dodge either. american cars werent crap in the muscle era. they only sucked once efficiency and emissions became a big deal

Comment

As much as I used to hate you, here, now, the first time we've interacted in literally years, you make perfect sense. I only say go chevy because: A) Abundance of parts B) Lots of Chevy guru's to get advice from and C) Very easy to work on (Like hondas of the v8 world)

For the record, I've had Chevy, Ford and Dodge, and I am a thoroughbred Mopar man, no doubt about it. Hell, the plates on my Dodge say 666 MOPR.
      "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
      Disregard females, acquire currency
      BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

true. the chevy small block is possibly the easiest engine to find parts and information on. ford is close behind. dodge forgot how to make a performance engine for a long time.
        and yeah i guess we all eventually do grow up!

Comment

Yeah, Dodge is the hardest by far in my opinion to find parts for, and make these hard to find parts work with eachother. But if you do some research, talk to the old timers that have built them, and pay close attention, the payoff is just rediculous. I'm currently building a 360 for my truck, and with just a cam, a mopar single plane intake mani, and some machining of the heads, if WILL make 400hp. In fact, most of the build is done, I just need to buy a stouter clutch and drop it in now that I think about it... Any old redwhitenbluemobile will be good fun for an import guy, and the feeling of driving a beefy v8 titty shaker is just unmatched.
          "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

thats something that the import guys dont have a understanding of. the na ones especially. we drop lots of money for like 20hp. throwing a couple simple mods at a big v8 make much larger gains
            turbo is a little closer but most turbo guys learn quick that if you get too happy with the boost you get to learn how to install a new engine

Comment

Yep and as long as you don't over rev a well built v8 constantly, they are damn nearly bomb proof.

Comment

Working...
              X