Using CB7 rear end to make a trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
    Not quite what I had in mind for the CB perhaps 2 CB rear ends together. But I think you all have an idea of what it is I would like to do!!!
    so are you talking like basically two trunks facing opposite directions welded together?
    1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
    1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
    1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
    1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

If you do this make sure its not flat on the front make sure its got an angle to it so the air flows over it, and not straight into it, make it more aerodynamic

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
      1992 Accord EX Coupe
      My FS Thread
      Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

this is a unibody car i don't know how you will properly be able to hold weight around the center of the weld unless you put some form of frame on the underside.

the reason the wagovan works well is because the windshield(yes in most unibody cars the windshield is a major factor with frame strength) and firewall are giving structural integrity so it doesn't twist or bend.

with there being a weld down the center of two back ends it will not have any ability to resist the twisting force caused by uneven ground.
        say you pull off the road and your drivers front wheel is on the shoulder but your passenger back wheel is on the dirt about 1-3 inches lower it could cause he seam to break(possibly)
        Last edited by quaidum; 09-11-2012, 04:33 PM.
        ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

It would have to have some sort of frame under it to for the tongue and yoke anyway.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Honda_Lady View Post
            so are you talking like basically two trunks facing opposite directions welded together?
            Basically yes. When i get some freetime I will deff look into it. I think this is very possible.
            The CB7 Collector.
            Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
            92 LX Coupe F22A1
            2013 Toyota Corolla S
            92 EX Sedan F22A1
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Working...
            X