X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

honda made a turbo awd accord!!?

reason i ask is because i came across this
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Accord...50676994484%26

i cant find any info on it or what year car it came out of.it seems to be obd1 due to the look of the plugs on the ecu.everything seems to be legit but i did notice a few other things.like the charge tube that goes into the intake looks as if its just sitting there in the coupler at a completely different size. also no bov/recirculate valve.also looks as if it has a stock injector size so for those things to keep up with any boost they would have to be maxed or more...the bung for the drain looks nasty as if it was put there aftermarket as well.

discus
    Last edited by 92smokeaccord; 01-02-2013, 04:37 PM.

my new turbo build

Does that turbo look oem?
    Auction Is For:

Used Honda Accord F22B SOHC Turbo Non Vtec 2.2 Liter 4 Cylinder Engine - Turbo Kit
    wat?

Comment

Silly guys.

Honda Odyssey tranny, look at the tag. And its not awd either, the seller is a moron.
      Originally posted by wed3k
      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

The mj4a is from the odyssey or crv. I'm curious how it's bolted to this f series.

But you can see the shaft on the rear of this transmission.

Last edited by drew12000; 01-02-2013, 05:10 PM.
        "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
          Silly guys.

Honda Odyssey tranny, look at the tag. And its not awd either, the seller is a moron.
          I don't even know how to respond to this without being subtle and rude.

Originally posted by drew12000 View Post
          The mj4a is from the odyssey or crv. I'm curious how it's bolted to this f series.

But you can see the shaft on the rear of this transmission.

1st gen honda odysseys used F series engines
          Last edited by Tippey764; 01-02-2013, 05:33 PM.

Comment

I call shenanigans on the turbo
            visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by ryandavis33 View Post
              I call shenanigans on the turbo
              Its after market, theres no doubt about that

Look at the piping to the intake manifold.

Comment

Honda made AWD Accords. Not for the US market, but they existed. 6th gens with H23As, I believe, so the transmissions would bolt up to any F/H series engine.
                It's not so hard to fathom the idea that someone acquired one of those transmissions, bolted it to an F22B2 (or JDM equivalent), and slapped a turbo on it.

To my knowledge, the only factory turbo Honda automobiles were the City, Legend, and RDX. Maybe some diesels in other countries (I don't know much about diesel Hondas, though I know they exist... I would assume turbo.)

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                  Its after market, theres no doubt about that

Look at the piping to the intake manifold.
                  exactly.. anyone who thinks that a car manufacturer would actually produce a turbo'd engine with a setup that looked that shitty is retarded..

Comment

That has been on eBay for a while. IIRC I was looking at it back in late September.

The turbo and components I’m sure are not OEM.

N22As and N22Bs are Hondas Turbo Diesels. i-CDTi.

Uses intelligent combustion control and a few other things that make Hondas turbo diesel engines somewhat superior by today’s standards IMO.

Here is a really cool video I found a couple years ago.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 01-02-2013, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Thanks. I didn't feel like doing the research to look up the diesel details

Comment

No problem! I have been trying to put together details about a N22A swap for a couple years now. I think it’s a very doable swap for a CB using a few K series parts.

Getting almost the whole car is the trick.

There is a shop in Europe pulling incredible torque out of the N22A in stock form. IIRC 275+ hp & 400+ftlbs of torque and it still gets over 30mpg.

Comment

All that torque to the front wheels is absurd, though. You can't use that!
                          There's a reason why Honda has been so successful with low-torque, high-hp small N/A engines in FWD cars.

Honestly, as much as I hate to say it (and I REALLY hate to say it...) if I wanted FWD diesel, I'd just go VW. RWD, Benz.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            Honda made AWD Accords. Not for the US market, but they existed. 6th gens with H23As, I believe, so the transmissions would bolt up to any F/H series engine.
                            It's not so hard to fathom the idea that someone acquired one of those transmissions, bolted it to an F22B2 (or JDM equivalent), and slapped a turbo on it.

To my knowledge, the only factory turbo Honda automobiles were the City, Legend, and RDX. Maybe some diesels in other countries (I don't know much about diesel Hondas, though I know they exist... I would assume turbo.)
                            As said above

1st gen odyssey comes AWD in other countries

It came with that engine.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-546576121.htm
                            Last edited by Tippey764; 01-02-2013, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Ah, ok... that's what i get for not reading everything. I should know if there's something obscure to be discussed, and you're in that thread... chances are you know more than I do!

I kinda wonder why we never got the AWD Odyssey... it would make sense in this market, seeing as people want "safe" minivans, and AWD is "safe".

Comment

Working...
                              X