Gift giving ideas, Need your input!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gift giving ideas, Need your input!

For my birthday, my loving girlfriend surprised me with concert tickets hidden away in a book I had been wanting.

She wrote a little love note on the back hardcover; at the end of the note, it said "Turn to page 124". Turned to the page and BAM. Concert tickets. What was even more awesome, it was a concert that was set to begin in just an hour and a half.

Unfortunately, I'm not that creative. I purchased basket ball game tickets for er birthday. I know she wants a coat. So I was playing with the idea of getting her a coat and putting the tickets in the pocket, but that doesnt strike me as surprising or creative.

How would you give Basketball tickets as a surprise birthday gift?

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Her presentation of the tickets/book was pretty hard to beat. Simple, effective, and seemed to work perfectly. Anything similar will pale in comparison.

Is the basketball game on the same day you'll be giving her the tickets, like the concert was? If so, I'd say forgo giving the tickets, and just take her there in her new coat!
    If not, I say just give her the gifts. They're things you obviously put thought into, and things that she will clearly like (assuming she likes basketball... otherwise, that kinda blows as a gift! ) Don't feel that your gifts are inferior because you didn't have an awesome delivery as she did.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Her presentation of the tickets/book was pretty hard to beat. Simple, effective, and seemed to work perfectly. Anything similar will pale in comparison.

Is the basketball game on the same day you'll be giving her the tickets, like the concert was? If so, I'd say forgo giving the tickets, and just take her there in her new coat!
      If not, I say just give her the gifts. They're things you obviously put thought into, and things that she will clearly like (assuming she likes basketball... otherwise, that kinda blows as a gift! ) Don't feel that your gifts are inferior because you didn't have an awesome delivery as she did.
      Well said. I've actually devised a plan. It includes a stuffed LA Lakers dressed Teddy Bear, a balloon, and the tickets. Hopefully, it pans out.

Thanks Deeve!

With the MASSIVE amounts of responses I got, I was better off asking you directly on FB!

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Comment

Sounds like a good plan.

Comment

Hide the tickets in your penis and then ejaculate them out infront of here

I'm positive it will WOW her

Seriously though i have no idea.

Comment

if he can fit basketball tickets in his penis, I'm sure that would wow anyone!

Comment

Exactly

Comment

I say blind fold her and drive her to the game.. which is where you'll expose the tickets to her.
                92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Originally posted by dysfunk View Post
                  I say blind fold her and drive her to the game.. which is where you'll expose the tickets to her.
                  Why even expose the tickets

Just blind fold her and put ear plugs in her

Tell her to only respond to your tugs for the next hour

Nows your chances to do whatever you want...

But if you're playing this right you take her to the game, sit her down and tada shes right there.

Comment

Originally posted by dysfunk View Post
                    Well, her birthday is a week before the game, So I wanted to give her the tickets before the game. That and the fact that we live two hours from the staduim wouldn't make this a good idea. She wouldnt like wearing a blindfold for two hours

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                    Hide the tickets in your penis and then ejaculate them out infront of here

I'm positive it will WOW her
                    uuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Since all this crap is electronic, I dont physically have tickets to hand her, just a ticketmaster confirmation. So, I bought two of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370672437660

and one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230913627588

I have a little chest (that's actually hers! haha) that opens upwards. I wanted to tie the lid to the stuffed bears arm, which would be holding the tickets. The idea is when she opens the chest, the bear is sitting in the chest, holding up the tickets.

I just cant figure out how to have a stuffed animal hold two tickets! I wanted her to be able to save them like in a frame or something, so I dont want to use any elmers glue or tape. Im stumped. Any ideas, any one?

Comment

Get down on one knee like your proposing. Women love that
                      "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Originally posted by drew12000 View Post
                        Get down on one knee like your proposing. Women love that
                        *down on one knee*
                        "Um... we've been together for a while now, and things seem to be going really well. So, will you please do me the great honor of... going to this basketball game with me?"

We'll be here for you when she dumps you.

Comment

Seriously, does any one know how I can attach these tickets to a stuffed bears paw?

Comment

safety pin?
                            -Will

Comment

Attach them to a balloon and see if she can find them.

Comment

Working...
                              X