almost lost my parents tonight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
    Man, thank their lucky stars they are ok. I hope they prosecute that jerk to the full extent of the law.
    Oh he's done, they told them that. He has a warrent from Texas, no licence, no insurance, no nothing. My parents insurance covers them. So the only up side to this is the SUV was a 2012, and my parents travel alot, it had almost 70k miles on it. So with the whole "new car replacement" thing, they will come out ok on it

Comment

Go figure some guy with a warrant for his arrest, no drivers license and insurance was driving a ford crown vic/mercury grand marquis

Those old beat vehicles are driven by the slums of the earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
        Go figure some guy with a warrant for his arrest, no drivers license and insurance was driving a ford crown vic/mercury grand marquis

Those old beat vehicles are driven by the slums of the earth.
        I totally agree with this statement.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

Comment

It was a rather long night for me, I work 3rd shift and was off, so I was up all night anyways. Parents called about 10:30am, both had slept, eaten, gone to the bathroom, and all that. Everything seems good, they just say they are sore. My dad had major back surgery a few years ago, so I was really worried about him. Moms foot hasn't swelled anymore, and she is able to walk on it. They are going car shopping today. So Iam taking it that they really are ok.

Comment

I am sorry you had to experience this anxious situation-but take something away from this that IS positive.

You really only have so much time left with your parents. I mean, thats a given, we all die right?

Spend more time with them, more time enojoying them and use this to put things into perspective. Its rare you think about living w/out the "normal" things in life, but once in a while normal DOES change.

Through this, you were able to see(for a second) what it would be life w/out them. Scary shit right?

So go love your Mom and Dad a little extra from now on.

It IS a good thing. They will appreciate it, and so will you when the time comes that you (unfortunately) have to cross this unavoidable bridge.
            Originally posted by wed3k
            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
              I am sorry you had to experience this anxious situation-but take something away from this that IS positive.

You really only have so much time left with your parents. I mean, thats a given, we all die right?

Spend more time with them, more time enojoying them and use this to put things into perspective. Its rare you think about living w/out the "normal" things in life, but once in a while normal DOES change.

Through this, you were able to see(for a second) what it would be life w/out them. Scary shit right?

So go love your Mom and Dad a little extra from now on.

It IS a good thing. They will appreciate it, and so will you when the time comes that you (unfortunately) have to cross this unavoidable bridge.
              I'd love to spend more time with them, but they just moved 1600 miles away. But it will be temp. Either Iam moving out there, or when they retire, they are moving back to the east coast

Comment

Parents still doing good....the car, $17,000 in repairs, so it's totaled.

Comment

after that kind of a hit I didn't think it was going to be something to get fixed. I am just glad that your parents are doing good. That certainly would be a very scary experience.
                  1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
                  1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
                  1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
                  1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Working...
                  X