Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compressed nitrogen bottle. Whats it used for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mista Juice View Post
    honestly not sure about the legality of transporting it.. we get ours delivered by AirGas (large and small tanks) and they pick up our empties.. i am pretty sure that just having it laying in a car isnt quite safe either.. if someone hits you and the valve ruptures, youll be in some shit.. obviously the large one is wide enough not to tip over, but the smaller ones are kept in a small "cage" type area where they cant tip over.. if we use one of the smaller ones, a chain is wrapped around the valve and anchored to the resin tank next to the nitrogen tank in my pic above so it doesnt fall over..
    I did not feel to safe about it. I took back roads about 60 miles home at 1:30am. Sweating bullets all the way.

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
    Same as in our facility. They're chained together with a cap over the valve assembly.

OP, the reason you cannot inhale nitrogen (if you didn't already know...apologize if I'm stating the obvious) is that you can suffocate yourself.

I wonder what pressure the bottle is at, I'm thinking probably 2000 psig.
    I did not know why not to inhale it I just knew I did not want to. I'm a drinker, not a druger.

I'm thinking of buying a regulator just to see the pressure it has. They are really cheap.

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
    maybe sell it to a minitrucker. there are a ton in the springfield/branson area and a nitrogen setup is initially cheaper than buying compressors and a tank.
    I don't know any mini truckers but I'll see what I can do.

Originally posted by ibr_adam09 View Post
    Sell it to a mech in the aviation industry. They use nitrogen in the tires and shocks for some jets/aircraft.
    I came across that info, I got to reading into it a little. Its pretty fascinating to be honest.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Sold it. I got $30 cash and a good Oxygen bottle.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
      X