Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Usual Breakfast ... The Dirty Omelette!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Usual Breakfast ... The Dirty Omelette!

So I love omelettes but half the time they don't like to fold so why bother when you can just make it dirty.

Start by gathering all you ingredients ... Half a red onion, some diced garlic, chopped ham (you can substitute your favorite or what ever is available;ham, left over steak, baked chicken, bologna, etc), and 2 eggs ...

Get your skillet up to medium heat (5 of 10 on my stove) then add the onions and garlic to the skillet with some extra virgin olive oil and let them fry ...

Fry your ham or heat up whatever meat you decide to use to your preferences ...

Once it is cooked to your liking chop it into nice chunks ...

Scramble your eggs no need to be neat and precise here ...

Turn off your stove eye and add the ham, onions, and top with the cheese of your choice which is pepperjack for me ...

Once the cheese is melted move it to a plate or bowl and I personally like to add some chopped tomato and dill pickle spears ...

Quick and easy breakfast for those who have time to cook. Hope you guys enjoy.

hell yeah dude I actually make myself something like this most mornings! I don't do the pickles, and I usually add cilantro while cooking the peppers and onions. Diced up hotdogs works, my recent favorite was leftover bits of a delicious baked spiral ham. I usually dice it up before cooking so that more surface area is revealed to let flavors mix. Don't forget salt and pepper. If you need to take it on the go, it is DELICIOUS inside of a Mission brand (thicker than most ive tried) flour tortilla wrap. In order to also speed up the process, I often dice up the peppers/onions in advance (in extra volume!!!) pre-cook them together on a pan and keep them in the fridge. You can scoop out some of it every morning for the next week, and only need to re-heat it, which happens quickly while the eggs are cooking. Skip out that whole first step.

solid breakfast is critical!
    Last edited by cp[mike]; 05-16-2014, 12:17 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
    X