Clear All

What should I do

Ok this is my problem , I have a

2003 dodge dakota 4 door
    it has an indicated 245k
    it's only 2wd
    it's the smallest v6
    it's auto
    it has a terrible history report of several owners / accidents / reposession / car auction / odometer rollback
    It books for 3,000

I've been trying to sell it locally , no bites , I tried to auction it on ebay for 2,000 , still no bites. I know it's obviously because of the high millage , lack of 4x4 , and terrible past history.

The kicker is it's genuinely a nice car. I've driven so many cars in my life and this is the nicest truck I've ever drove with such huge millage , it truly feels like 45k not 245k. You know how when you go from your cb7 into basically a brand new car and that new car just feels 100% numb to the environment outside and feels like something you can't afford? It's exactly like that.

My question is this , I know people would want this truck if they just tried it. But I can't get people to even try it. I don't wanna lie in my ad's to get them in. what should I do?

I considered a you tube video might help showing the car running and driving perhaps?

It takes time remember not a lot of people have money to buy a car. It takes time and most of all patience don't budge stay firm keep it clean and take plenty of pictures. You may want to try craigslist. I've sold quite a few cars and its free.

Comment

That's where I've been listing it locally on criags. Not much interest.

Last year I had two 4x4 chevys one had a snow plow and I would get 2 emails a day and winter long! People just wanted them more. I do take very good pictures of all the cars I sell. I use my big nikon and a tripod.

I've sold about 20 cars in the past few years and this one is the hardest yet , usually SOMEBODY will want it but I'm just getting a whole lot of nothing.

I know summer would be a better time to sell a 2wd but idk if the AC works so that'll be another factor.

Comment

Working...
      X