Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring is here! My back yard is a lake...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live 10 minutes away from Camden, NJ. I'm not IN the hood... but I'm close enough!

Comment

Deev, there's a place near us that is called The Goat Farm. The Hunger Games, The Walking Dead, and many other movies where shot there. My wife works with a theater/dance company that does shows on their property. I don't know if you follow The Walking Dead, but the gangsters that helped the old ladies and stuff? That showdown scene was shot there.

It looks like that picture; and get this. People choose to live there, and pay more money than most people pay for luxurious apartments in downtown.

Just google The Goat Farm images and you'll get the idea. I got attacked by chickens there.

Comment

That's crazy!

Camden is the other way around. You don't go there. Ever. Especially if you're white. Unless you go to Rutgers, and then you stay within a 5 block area that is heavily monitored by campus police (real cops, not just rent-a-cop security guards.)
        Camden no longer has its own police force, I believe. They're policed by the county, and honestly, the county cops don't give a rat's ass about it. When they do pull someone over, the first cop waits for backup before he gets out of his car.

My friends and I went to Philly a few years ago. Took the train over, because it's way easier than parking in the city. Got obliterated, and then headed home. We weren't paying attention to what stop we were at, and we accidentally got off at the wrong stop... downtown Camden. At 3am. A cab driver saw us, pulled over, and told us all to get in. Fast. There were 7 of us.

Comment

Yeah? Sounds pretty close to some of the spots I'm near. There's a popular place called Little Five Points that hipsters go a lot here. There's a shopping square with a Target, Best Buy, Kroger, ect..

Anyway, people get bold as fuck there. Just yesterday I was walking out of the Target in the middle of the afternoon, around 2. This dude runs by this lady and snatches her purse and just kept running in broad daylight. There were like 6 of us watching as it happened too. My wife's coworker got held at gunpoint over the winter. On his knees with a pistol to the back of his head, with his girlfriend at the time too. Dudes talking about raping her and all this terrible shit... This was in a heavy traffic area too.

A lot of people are fucked now a days. Carry a gun man.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
            A lot of people are fucked now a days. Carry a gun man.
            x2. Except it's damned near impossible to get a concealed carry permit in NJ.
            Originally posted by sweet91accord
            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Man, that looks like Detroit lol.
              '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Depending on what you read, it's potentially worse!

Anyway, back to my yard... I just picked up 10ft of EZ-Drain. Doing my sump-pump drainage area first, then moving on to the lake in the back!

Comment

get a truck load of gravel dumped back there, then leveled. after that, put some sod down.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                  01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                  93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                  93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Working...
                  X