Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    AAAAAAND... he was uninsured. Awesome.
    your uninsured motorist coverage should pick it up considering your vehicle was parked so it obviously wasn't your fault.

Comment

AAAAAAND... he was uninsured. Awesome.
      Yeah, but I bet he had a new iPhone!
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

My CB7 wasn't insured.

Lina's Mini is insured, but we're not sure what the deductible is. KBB value for the Mini is under $5000, which is BS... but chances are it has more than $5000 worth of damage. It might be written off... and we'll have peanuts to show for it

Selling the CB7 and the Fit might just end up in a new car for her, rather than something fun for me

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
          Yeah, but I bet he had a new iPhone!
          He had some sort of tablet/phablet thingy in a red case sitting next to his mangled gallon of milk... so yeah. Probably an iPhone 6+!

Comment

Sorry for your loss. Also, keep your head up.

I guess it's no more CB game for you!
            The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I would avoid a project if I were you Deev, just given the circumstances you are in right now. There is always later for a project.

Comment

You're probably right.
                Honestly, it really comes down to what insurance decides to do with her car. If her car gets totaled, we're basically going to turn 3 cars (CB7, Mini, and Fit) into one, and my Miata dreams will be paused for a bit.
                If they fix her car, then I'll be able to liquidate all my CB7 stuff for a chunk of change I'm still calculating what my parts could be worth... and still hoping to sell all or most of it in a lump at a discount just to be done with it. Supposedly some of the local guys are wanting to come together and buy it all, but we'll see if that happens. A couple people have expressed interest in buying and fixing the car, but it's unlikely that will happen (both the buying and the fixing. )

I'm almost hoping Lina's car is totaled, because that would give me the opportunity to unload the Fit as a trade-in. It'll very likely get me more as a trade than it would as an outright sale... and that's IF it would even sell in its current condition!

I still want a Miata, and it WOULD be nice to have a second car. Something that gets decent gas mileage, and keeps unnecessary miles off the CTS-V. Still, you've got a point about not needing a project at the moment.

Comment

You're probably right.
                  Honestly, it really comes down to what insurance decides to do with her car. If her car gets totaled, we're basically going to turn 3 cars (CB7, Mini, and Fit) into one, and my Miata dreams will be paused for a bit.
                  If they fix her car, then I'll be able to liquidate all my CB7 stuff for a chunk of change I'm still calculating what my parts could be worth... and still hoping to sell all or most of it in a lump at a discount just to be done with it. Supposedly some of the local guys are wanting to come together and buy it all, but we'll see if that happens. A couple people have expressed interest in buying and fixing the car, but it's unlikely that will happen (both the buying and the fixing. )

I'm almost hoping Lina's car is totaled, because that would give me the opportunity to unload the Fit as a trade-in. It'll very likely get me more as a trade than it would as an outright sale... and that's IF it would even sell in its current condition!

I still want a Miata, and it WOULD be nice to have a second car. Something that gets decent gas mileage, and keeps unnecessary miles off the CTS-V. Still, you've got a point about not needing a project at the moment.
                  I completely understand the allure of a project, but I think it would make more sense at this point to secure a good car for her and focus on the other stuff. Once you are done with school etc, you can get a project car. Even a completely stock reliable miata is going to need maintenance, insurance, etc.

Just my $.02. Plus, if you wait until you are done with school and more gainfully employed, you will have a bigger budget to play with.

Comment

Find a shop like ours with a frame machine it dont look to awful bad. Easily could X it out to see how far out of wack you truly are, I'm sure someone on here could give you OEM point to point measurements to compare. To me it's a 4day fix from start to finish straighten (bent) or replacing the kink or ripped section of the sub (kink vs bend rule applies on which is fix is needed).

Yes we all know your interest in the car has dropped but I don't think your truly into any project type car but I can tell this car from you speaking years ago and even now it's more than a car it's history heart an a glimpse of passion. Just get some measurements and go from there.
                    Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 12-09-2015, 12:07 AM.

02 Crv
                    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                      Find a shop like ours with a frame machine it dont look to awful bad. Easily could X it out to see how far out of wack you truly are, I'm sure someone on here could give you OEM point to point measurements to compare. To me it's a 4day fix from start to finish straighten (bent) or replacing the kink or ripped section of the sub (kink vs bend rule applies on which is fix is needed).

Yes we all know your interest in the car has dropped but I don't think your truly into any project type car but I can tell this car from you speaking years ago and even now it's more than a car it's history heart an a glimpse of passion. Just get some measurements and go from there.
                      Since the driver was uninsured, I have absolutely NO money to spare to fix it. It's possible that it could be fixed if someone wanted to try... but I'm no longer that someone, sadly.

Comment

Bummer about the car man. It's one thing if a motor blows or whatever but having a hit is a whole nother realm as far as DIY repair. I don't blame you want bit for not wanting to get involved. Will probably turn into more of a headache than anything

Comment

Indeed. If it was in good shape before the accident, I MAY have considered trying to fix it. But I haven't even driven it since 2008. Even though I've been looking forward to driving it again, it just isn't a reasonable option.

Comment

If you got a cb7 that's already H swapped and all that would you consider going that route? Or you're just out of it all together

Comment

Turns out the guy that destroyed our cars was high at the time, and in possession of heroin. He skipped town, and is now on the run. Lovely.

http://patch.com/new-jersey/westdept...cotics-charges

Comment

Working...
                              X