Picking up another CB7 Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picking up another CB7 Saturday

This will be the 7th CB7 that I've owned. Picking it up for free Saturday from a coworker.

What I know about it is it's a '93 with ice cold A/C and about 150k on the odo. Auto or 5 speed is unknown as I didn't ask. It's Seattle Silver with a maroon interior (what I coincidence) and either an Lx or Ex trim. It comes with two sets of wheels and tires, one snow set and one regular set. It runs and drives. Owner said it will surely make it from Cedar Rapids to Iowa City without issue.

I'll post pics when I get it. It has a clean and clear Iowa title. I guess I'll see what I'm getting into Saturday. Worst case scenario is I have a good engine to drop in my 93 Ex 5 speed to replace the current engine that has a bad head gasket.

lucky man. now i know who to hit up for obscure parts :P

Comment

It could be a heap but we will see. Regardless I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. I seem to acquire a fair amount of parts rather quickly where ever I go.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
        It could be a heap but we will see. Regardless I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. I seem to acquire a fair amount of parts rather quickly where ever I go.

lol yeah you do, at least it runs, even if you look at it as a free cylinder head, its FREE lol. Lots of backup parts and scrap the shell youre still coming up on top

Comment

Totally, that's exactly what I'm looking at. Would be nice if it were a 5 speed ex coupe... Yeah right. I'm sure it's an auto sedan.

Still... for free I'll take it. Drive it to work for as long as I can.

Comment

Well Erik, if you see this, here it is. Only pics I took of it. Might clean it up tomorrow. Been too busy with work to do anything to it other than drive it to work a couple times.

1993 Accord Lx, 176,000, automatic, ice cold R12 A/C. Needs brakes, has an exhaust leak in the downpipe. Bridgestone Blizzak tires all the way around. Factory stereo which works. Everything works. Great daily.

The catch in me getting it was fixing the A/C in my coworkers 2003 or 2004 Jeep SUV with a 4.0L straight six. All it needed was charged. I told them it probably has a leak but they said as long as it works for the rest of the summer they will be happy. If not they will just let me know and I'll add more R134A.

Comment

Get at those quarters before they get worse. Im starting to see a decline in CBs in the junkyard myself..sucks
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
                Get at those quarters before they get worse. Im starting to see a decline in CBs in the junkyard myself..sucks
                I'm surprised they aren't worse being as it's an Iowa car. I'll probably look into it soon. It does appear to be a pretty decent car.

I was going to clean it up today but it's going to storm like a sum bitch. Looks like I'll spend my last day off taking it easy around the house.

Comment

not too shabby, thats was a good horse trade, i cant really see the tread depth but thats like 400$ worth of rubber and man winter tires are the shit in the snow, feels just as good as driving in the summer lol. if anything you got a good parts car down the road.
                  Last edited by illinois_erik; 07-10-2016, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                    not too shabby, thats was a good horse trade, i cant really see the tread depth but thats like 400$ worth of rubber and man winter tires are the shit in the snow, feels just as good as driving in the summer lol. if anything you got a good parts car down the road.
                    I'd say they have 70-80% tread left. I figured I did pretty good on this one. Making up for paying to much for my last one.

Comment

Some people just don't know these cars they look down on it like its trash we look at these cars like they are gold. If only they knew the potential.

Comment

Yeah... she kinda said something to me about the car late last week. "What'd it need" she said? I stated "Just a battery." In a rather abrasive tone she replied "Well you sure got a good deal then didn't you?" I just laughed.

Her kids laughed at me as I drove it away from their home. All her kids in their late teens. It didn't make one difference to me though I was stoked as a mofo! Nothing was bringing me down. They saidd "Is he driving that?!" She, my coworker, the previous owner, said "I guess."

The MRT to the car we are speaking of. : http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...86#post3259586

The GF parked the Talon (98 Eagle Talon TSi AWD) to drive the CB today... I couldn't believe it. Said the Talon uses too much fuel and is uncomfortable. And that the A/C is colder in the Honda. I'm like hell yeah, drive that thing. My Talon is still only at 98,000 miles and I'd like to keep it that way.

edit, I should add that before the day I got it it had sat undriven and not started for over 2 years.
                        Last edited by H311RA151N; 07-26-2016, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Heres a bet I know you wont be able to keep is keeping that cb stock as is without modding it. hmmmmmm

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X