No announcement yet.

It's new-ish car shopping time again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it wasn’t out of my range, the TourX would be on my radar for sure.

No Encores cheap around me. A few $13,000 Trax (Traxes? Traxen?) but those things have absolutely no appeal to me!

I’m really liking the 535d at the moment. 5-6 years old, which is the only big problem. Can I trust a BMW that’s not long out of its warranty period? My source of solace there is that your average yuppie doesn’t buy a $60,000 diesel. Only people that actually know what they’re buying would buy a diesel luxury sedan.

The RLX Sport Hybrid is also still on the radar, as well as other V6 hybrids from Infiniti and Lexus.

At this point, obviously, I’m not buying anything! My wife and I are both still working, but who knows what will happen in the near future. We’re preparing for the worst, which means my car search is academic for the time being.

Comment

OuDeevergote I bought the 2019 insight new and highly recommend it.
      The MSRP is 23ish for an lx. The motor that drives the car is a 150hp electric motor. The transmission is only 2 big electric motors. The engine runs a generator that charges a battery. When you punch it anywhere anytime you have tons of instant eletric torque so its pretty fast for a hybrid. Its really fun to drive , I can hit corners ridiculously fast and the car will allways stick it. If you haven't driven a car with honda sensing you should. These come standard with it. My car can stop its self if it thinks I am getting close to crashing it. It has multiple times. It's nice. Adaptive cruise control with low speed following is great, combine that with lane keeping it assistance you almost don't have to drive. Seriously look at the 2019 insight. It gets 52 mpg

2020-04-08_10-05-51 by Nathan Enns, on Flickr
      Last edited by thepowderblue; 04-09-2020, 12:29 AM.
      Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
      93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

I didn’t realize the Insight had changed so much! I’ll check it out.

Comment

Working...
        X