No announcement yet.

I bought ANOTHER CB7!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn thats nice as shit...good job mike..

Comment

F22 turbo without a doubt. Prolly gonna do a total budget system... maybe even with the stock exhaust and an SMIC Total sleeper!

I'm really not sure about the mileage. The odometer reads about 128,000... the carfax that DoctorCipher did for me said the last reported mileage for this car was in 2001 (it has been exempt since) and it was 149,000... so SOMETHING major has happened. I don't care though. I'm going to rebuild it all eventually anyway.

There are a lot of shady things about this car. The gauge cluster lights went out on my way home. The headlights dimmed sometimes when I shifted (though I think that's just me coming close to stalling... I forgot how different the F series transmission was!) The car shakes like a chihuahua at 60+mph... and the hood seems to shake with it. I need to adjust the latch, or get some pins or something.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
        F22 turbo without a doubt. Prolly gonna do a total budget system... maybe even with the stock exhaust and an SMIC Total sleeper!
        Sounds good Go FMIC, but paint it black, your system will be more efficient! Stock exhaust, too?! Nice find

Comment

I'm talking to wikked about the intercooling and exhaust. I'll probably just go with the cheapest route for now, and upgrade later. A side mount can be had for like $30! I dunno though. We shall see.

Comment

I pulled the plug wires today and saw that #2 and #3 have some oil on them... I also pulled the dipstick after it sat all night, and it showed oil well above both dots. I wonder if it's overfilled? Perhaps I should change it very soon!

I got the radio working. It was just sitting in there, not plugged in. So that's good! I'm buying another dash bezel thingy (the black plastic, is that a bezel?) from Metaluna21, so that busted part will be fixed.

I noticed that it shakes like crazy at 60+, so I think it needs an alignment... Doesn't pull though. I also noticed the hood was shaking at that speed too.. seemed like it wasn't latched perfectly. I adjusted the latch today, and I hope it'll be a little more stable.

It's coming along!

Comment

bah.. start the teardown already.. rip its guts out damnit

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
                bah.. start the teardown already.. rip its guts out damnit

She is sounding good....honestly you would be suprised what a mild tune up would do to that motor.

I would pull the motor and inspect it and get her ready for boost .

As for the shaking at 60mph I would check your tire wear and tire pressure...if not then it's alignment in which I would just wait to get one until after you drop it .
                No more cb7, 7 years of ownership and 196K on the ticker before she was sold

Current beast: 98 ej8 on 7psi with a 15g turbo and other goodies!

NREMT-B | 300D and some glass

Comment

I may not even drop it... I think she's staying stock for now, untill boost I want a TOTAL sleeper. I'll eventually work on the other stuff, but for now it sleeps.

Oh yeah, I'll be getting some OEM alloys for it soon too... well, to be shared with the LX anyway. The LX's camber is set to be correct with the 7.5" wide 17s I have on there though, so I'll probably leave the alloys on the DX now.

Comment

welll if your looking for some suspension for it mike you know i STILL have mine

Comment

Originally posted by AccordAnimal
                      How much did you pay for it? Auto or Manual? A6, A1?

its 5spd u can tell by lookin at the brake fluid container.. next to it is the clutch container..
                      http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

Comment

Working...
                      X