R.I.P. to another cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R.I.P. to another cb7

well guys, my car is officially done. it is now sitting in my garage with a cracked block. im still unsure what i want to do with it, but im leaning towards getting another car and parting mine out =( whenever i think about doing that, i then look at my car, and i dont wanna get rid of it. but as of right now, im not in a financial position to take on a project car... i need something i can drive right now without having to worry about it. im in the process of becoming debt free, and im then going to be getting my own apt... so my plate is already full with things to worry about.

i'll keep you guys posted on what i decide, maybe a few words of wisdom from y'all can help me out... but as it seems right now i might be selling my 1st born(car, not child... that would just be wrong).

sorry to hear about the car...good luck with whatever u choose to do man.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
    11.68 @ 127mph
    417whp/375wtq
    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

how did that happen to a low mileage JDM honda motor?

anyways.. don't sell it man.. especially with all of the engine parts. its cheaper to part out the current h22 (cams, etc.) and buy another prelude motor.. you might even out in the end or come close. your tranny is still good, right?

Comment

Yeah, very sorry to hear that. What happened w/ your motor? I wish you the best of luck w/ whatever you decide to do and I hope a good motor will come your way!

Dan

Comment

sell your valve train to me, sell the head to wicked, and buy a stock h22a. we're all very happy with this idea.
          Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

i have no idea how it happened. im sure it was just a big coincidence, but this happened right around the same time i lost my idle screw. i noticed my idle was low, so i tried to adjust it, but even when i turned it all the way out it didnt help idle. long story short, i goto my friends house, notice the screw was gone. i goto the shop put a new screw in, mash on it down the street, and there was a huge cloud of smoke behind me... and that was that.

other than the block the motor is in great condition. tranny is fine. if i take it to redline ill get a tiny grind into 3rd... but under normal driving it never does. and all cylinders are at 2 or 3% on the leakdown.

i dont have a stock motor anymore, and i dont know how to do the swapping myself anyways. its just not worth it to me to get a stock motor and pay to have it swapped in... nobody is gonna want to pay what its worth.

Comment

its not hard man....you know what u have to do, just swap the motor yourself...
              Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

deepest sorrows man...i hope you can figure something out...

best of luck
                Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Damn man, your car was a role model to me.

Comment

thanks for all the kind words guys, but ill stick around even if i dont have my baby anymore. ill keep you guys posted, but i think i found my next love. we'll see though, dont wanna speak too soon.

Comment

Dont give up! Get another block, bore it and put some high comp pistons in it! Nobody around here is running a built NA H22!

Comment

well actually scott is. i thought about it. but i went over it with my friend from the shop. with parts and labor, what i wanted to do, would have cost me about $2500... not to mention the down time. ill get myself a nice grocery getter and throw on the basic boltons, but thats it. i need something simple thatll last me. more power wouldnt help me at all. i would just drive harder than i already do, and end up with more tickets.

Comment

Jeesus, that is terrible.

Well, if worse comes to worse, you could always throw a F22 back in, their cheap and pleantiful.

(oh, and if you decide to part it out,i call dibs on your headlights )

Comment

Sorry to hear that man. Ill take the head, if you part out, to help you out if you want.
                            Two Toned CB7 crew #1

Comment

i thought about it, but i think putting a new motor in is a waste of money. again, since i have no idea about swapping myself, i would pay someone to do it. i would rather part out, make some money, and get another car to start fresh with. maybe its all for the better. i wont have money to waste on this sport anyways. im gonna be getting my own place asap, and within the next year ill be getting married. it was fun, but it gets too expensive real quickly.

but anything is still possible. i stil have my car, and i havent purchased anything yet... so who knows.

Comment

Working...
                              X