k20 accord, done and done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

k20 accord, done and done

not sure if this link has been around for a while, but its new to me.

http://www.grandprixgroup.com/gpi/ma...sp?news_id=844

k20 swap into a 5th gen. subtract a couple years and one of us could have one. whatever mounts they made should work for our gen too.

Originally posted by fizzbob7
    the mounts aren't exactly the same though are they?
    idk... not sure of the similarities/differences between the usdm and jdm? 5th gen accord... i imagine they're not that much different...

car's also got a 5 lug swap... unless it was originally a v6... and if it was a v6, that would definitely make the motor mounts different.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Damn, there went my idea...

Well, All that money saved in the hopes of me being original... I'll think of something else

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
      Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
      NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el

car's also got a 5 lug swap... unless it was originally a v6... and if it was a v6, that would definitely make the motor mounts different.

Are jdm 5th gen V6's 5 lug? Over here I know they were 4 lugs. I'm thinking that was a 4cyl car in the pics, because the engine bay is pretty tight, and the front fenders don't seem to look too long. (V6 cars have longer fenders)

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
          idk... not sure of the similarities/differences between the usdm and jdm? 5th gen accord... i imagine they're not that much different...

nah it wasnt a v6...you could tell by the boosted SOHC in the previous pics.
          Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Originally posted by Prez808
            Are jdm 5th gen V6's 5 lug? Over here I know they were 4 lugs. I'm thinking that was a 4cyl car in the pics, because the engine bay is pretty tight, and the front fenders don't seem to look too long. (V6 cars have longer fenders)
            idk if the jdm 5th gen v6's were 5 lug... i guess i just assumed they were... but then again, you never know. i can't read anything but the very few english words on there: brembo, integra type r (dc5), bilstein, and odyssey... i could make the argument that because it says odyssey, he/she did a 5 lug swap... or maybe because of the larger/heavier k20, he/she wanted relatively stiffer springs...

i figured the engine bay looked tight since the k20 is a relatively large engine...

edit:
            Originally posted by mayberry4thgen
            nah it wasnt a v6...you could tell by the boosted SOHC in the previous pics.
            ok, didn't see that.

so i guess the person did a k20 swap and a 5 lug swap... nice.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Arent the drivers side mounts different on the 5th gens?

Comment

it looks like this car is in thailand. strange

Comment

impressive, very very nice all around

...but whats up with that first interior shot, that doesnt look much like a 5th gen interior. it looks more 4th gen civic hb to me

Comment

Hmm..thats real nice though...real sleeper too
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

nice.. now who will be the first to get it into a 4th gen. The mounts and stuff i could do no problem.. its the wiring that I would be like WTF

Comment

I think DrLove should go for it, he knows he wants to, espeacially since his H is bad.

Comment

I concur with Sho Nuff. Come on Dr.Love get that K in the cb7!
                          '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
                          -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                          -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                          -'93 AGP EX 4AT
                          10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

mmmmmmm... i-vtec *insert homer drool sound*.

I say go for it. Then again, I wouldn't be shelling out the cash. You would def. be a first into this world of swaps and would thusly be hounded for info on how you did it by myself and just about everyone else. But alas, that's the price of fame. K20 > H22 any day of the week and twice on sunday.
                            Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                            D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                            ┴─┴
                            ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Yea unless you go for a cammed and high comp K24 from the Element/Accord/CR-V I personally don't think it's worth the cost and time over an H22, or even a well-built F22. Plus the wiring...good God, the wiring...I've never done a swap, but unless it came all wired up I wouldn't even bother.

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                              X