Internet Explorer Pop-Ups with FireFox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet Explorer Pop-Ups with FireFox

hey guys....i am currently using Mozilla FireFox and have deleted Internet Explorer, so i think...too it off of the windows components and everything...
    i love Mozilla and it works great...but every once and a while i still get pop ups but in the Internet Explorer windows not firefox windows....so i was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this or get IE completely off my comp..

Thanks in advanced for any help..

anyone

Comment

go into your control panel "add/ remove programs"

you should be able to get rid of IE and all its related components from there

breathing is deadly underwater...

Comment

use Opera...

http://www.download.com/Opera/3000-2...ml?tag=lst-0-1
        Under Construction

Coupes weren't mean to be sleepers

H22power.com

Comment

prob spyware/adware related i would guess. Sounds like some program is asking IE to open a window, so instead of $DEFAULTBROWSER open pop-up window, it's asking $INTERNETEXPLORER open pop-up window, I would assume completely uninstalling IE would solve it, but of course be sure to run the set of adware removers. You may be able to find some info left over in windows' admin tools>event log

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
          where you been, is something wrong?
          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

on the add or remove programs there doesnt seem to be a IE to uninstall, but i dont know about that opera thing....seems like it has a lot of other things that i dont need..yeha im sure the pop ups are from spy-ware or something shitty, but they are on IE which is pissing me off....

Comment

firefox = the lose :P
              Adam - Retired OG member from '03
              2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
              2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
              2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Originally posted by Liljord05
                yeah that helps him

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa
                  yeah that helps him
                  That works also. I would also get an anti-virus protection, because some of those popups are only coming, because your streaming through cable/dsl internet and therefore stuff can stil stream through without having anything open. I would suggest download.com, and then enter spyware hunter or some other program that operates the same, and that should solve the problem.
                  Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

cool cool..thanks for the help guys

Comment

i thought you couldnt uninstall internet explorer , cus its not just for internet it interlays with windows , and also is needed with some programs.. it might be uninstalled -- but not compleatly

but im not an windows expert

Comment

I think you're thinking of windows explorer, many OS's integrate the file explorer and the internet browser since they are very similiar, but not in this case. I am using only firefox, and while I haven't uninstalled IE, it never bothers me unless I want it to.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                        where you been, is something wrong?
                        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

i used to have a big popup problem. now im using panda platinum '05 along with a program called ad muncher... which is a blocker/ip scrambler. and i get zero popups whether im using ie or firefox

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
                            i used to have a big popup problem. now im using panda platinum '05 along with a program called ad muncher... which is a blocker/ip scrambler. and i get zero popups whether im using ie or firefox
                            Hey bro, can you hook me up with the ad muncher? hit me up bro.

please?

heh almost forgot...

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                            Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                            NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa
                              yeah that helps him
                              It was more of a suggestion...I dont get pop-ups and thats what I use (and yes I have cable). IE sucks. Sorry if my post was kinda useless, but i think Opera works better...whatever tho
                              Under Construction

Coupes weren't mean to be sleepers

H22power.com

Comment

Working...
                              X