The HoneyMooners Movie (2005)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The HoneyMooners Movie (2005)

This is a terribly miscast film that should never have been made in the first place. The real shame is all the actos involved a very talented people, but this is taking them out of their element and giving them nothing to work with.

The cast, lets talk about the African-American cast: I think the studio intended to cash in on a wider audience thinking that this way "Honey Mooners" fans and blacks would come see it-it is the major error in the string of errors. What appears to have happened is they appealed to some of the smaller audience, and annoyed the larger.

lets face it, its a cinematic turd and a disgrace to the late great Jackie Gleason. Just another bad idea about giving a possibly good idea an URBAN EDGE. let us not forget wild wild west, what an abortion that was, again such bad memory i have, i totaly forgot Jim West was a arogant punk black man. well i must go, i'm on my way to FOX to pitch my idea about remaking Sanford and Son staring Leslie Nealson and David Spade...

Picture them coming out with "Good Times" starring Eminem as J.J., Goldie Hawn as Flo, and John Goodman as Bookman etc. There would be a protest outside of theaters! That's what they did here though, they made the movie with no reverence for what T.V.s first hit sitcom was really about.
    Last edited by JaK FRoSTWhiTE; 06-11-2005, 11:14 PM.

i actually think its gonna be a great movie. althought the guy who played fred in the flinstones would be a better lead, maybe (at least he looks more like the dude!)

nah, honestly, mike epps & cedric are hilarious...im lookin forward to it!

Comment

In this day and age, remakes are usually shit and sorry there is only one Ralph Kramden and that's Jackie Gleason...and there certainly won't be another Audrey Meadows. I consider it a disgrace to the original honeymooners and their fans, you'd understand if you watched them growing up and own all the dvds.
      My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

john leguizamo is a great actor, i dont know why the hell he's doing this film. It looks terrible

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
        www.maketradefair.com

Comment

A wife beater? I don't recall him ever hitting her?
          My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

I don't recall him ever hitting her either. It would have never gotten past the censors back in the 1950s.

Reviews on the Honeymooners movie all said that it was a bomb. I'm not going to waste my $5 on it.
            Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
            2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
            2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
            2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Why Take A Classic And Make It Black Urban?
              Why was this classic made to fit the urban lifestyle...

This movie was just totaly stupid and pointless. I was sort of disapointed on this one because I'm a big Cedric fan and Mike Epps.
              But there is a diffrence in a talented actor and a classic TV show.
              To me when it comes to remaking a classic like "the honeymooners" it makes no diffrence what the color of the actors are, a classic is a classic and should be respected as such.
              If you aren't going to remake it and do it justice then just leave it alone.
              I loved the show and I can see why other people who patrionized it would see this remake as degrading....

Comment

I agree about the obvious intentional ethnic structuring. It's less about the Honeymooners, and more about making a "black version". If someone in the movie was black, fine. But making the whole cast black (and hispanic, in the case of leguizamo) is exploitation in my opinion. The selling point is race, not the revision of a classic show.

I have no problem with movies that are geared towards a black audience. Barbershop was an incredible movie, even if the white guy was a dumbass (though he got cool in the end). I had no problem with that because it fit. It was about a barbershop in a black community, run by a black man, who had black employees... It wasn't taking a concept that was already white (for the same reasons... the story of the original Honeymooners was based on white people, no particular reason.) To take something that was one way and make it another way for no good reason is an insult to all involved.

It's funny though. Seeing Eddie Murphy as Dr Doolittle didn't bother me a bit. Probably because it was focusing on ONE man, and Eddie was a good choice for the part. To change the race of the whole cast can't be based strictly on the talent of the actors...

At least it wasn't All in the Family!

Comment

Top 10 Reasons to go see the Honeymooners !

1- If you are suicidal and want to feel better about your life. Watching this film will make you feel better because your name is not on connected with this film

2- If you want to see a film worse then Gigli

3- If you want to a very easy way to break up with your boyfriend or girlfriend ...go see it..and tell them that it was the best show you've ever seen ! They will think your crazy and never talk to you again. Probably file a stalker report and call the psych ward to pick you up !

4- Theater is a good place to smoke crack..hey why not everyone in the film, theater and audience does !

5- Have you ever wanted to see a whole audience leave 5 minutes into the movie...this is the time !

6- Take your worst enemy to this movie and get even.

7- If you have never watched a movie with the whole theater to yourself ...this is the chance !

8- If you ever wanted to know what 2 hours of your life feels like to evaporate into nothingness...and it only costs $10. per person.

9- If you want to watch hundreds of careers go flaming down into hell all at once. Like watching a real life Titanic sinking analogy take place.

10- If you want to stop speaking to a family member, friend, coworker...because they bug you...then recommend this film. They will never want to talk to you again..how perfect is that !

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I forgot where i saw that list at.

Comment

Working...
                  X