I hate landlords and civilians who think they are military

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate landlords and civilians who think they are military

Just recently the naval housing of the northwest region went under new management. The government sold their housing to some uptight nosey assholes. Anyway. I come home from school the other day to find that my lawn had been stuck with a advertisement. The realty company put their logo on across the fron of a american flag and stuck it in everyones front lawn. So what do I do? I pull the flag out the grass and throw it in the garbage. I look down the street and everyone's lawn has one. I like to be different. Anyways, I come back about 2 hours later and there was another flag put in my lawn. I waited until night time to pull it, so they wouldn't come back. Well today was a hot day and I decided to wash my car. Mind you navy housing is not apartments but they are houses with garages and driveways and what not. Basically a house. Anyways, i'm there washing my car and some fat lady with a american flag with the realty's logo hanging off the antenna of her dodge neon pulls up 15 mins later talking about that I can't wash my car on the property, "it's against the lease agreement". Anywho I said ok and that I would keep that in mind. She drove off hopefully never to be seen again. I was wrong. So I am outside again watching my kids run around the front lawn and drinking a beer. The same lady pulls up again and tells me I can't drink beer in the public eye while I am in the community. That pissed me the fuck off. So I decided to ask her "well what are you going to do about it?" She responds with "I am going to call base security." 2 Hours have gone by and I don't think they are going to show up. But who knows. I would love to be thrown in jail and have some cheif come in on watch asking why I was there, and then me having to tell him that I got arrested on my front lawn for having a beer. I am civilian and I will sue somebody. I pay rent for that place, shouldn't I have the privacy instead of some landlord cruising the community looking through windows and garages to bust somebody. I should technically be able to sue for privacy right?

Another thing that pissed me off today is that my wife is going on deployment soon and stupid me decides to go to one of those rediculous spouse meetings. One of the things I can't stand is when you get these civilians that think they are in the military because they are a contractor, gov. employee, spouse, etc....... and think they are better because they have some kind of power. Onbudsman's are the absolute worst. They love to say "we are in the navy", and I love to say "nope, you are not, but your husband is." They also love to associate themselves with their spouses rank, they like to say oh we made o-5 or e-7, correction again, you mean your husband is. Anyway this one lady who's husband was a officer came over and started running this routine with me as if she knew more then me and that she was going to tell me what I should be doing just because her husband was a higher rank then my wife, as if that had some kind of affect on who had power within this stupid little cult. Keep in mind this woman has no credentials, I even clarafied by asking her what she had been doing the whole time her husband had been in the navy. She responded with helping with the ombudsman duties. I was totally thrown off. What was going through my head was "bitch I use to be in the fuckin squadron and you want to tell me some news?" "lost your fucking mind" I challenge every single spouse that wants to run their mouth about "we this" and "we that" to join and serve their country. Usually they respond with they have to much stuff do cleaning up after there husband's.

Okay just venting and now I am done.
    my ride

that is so fucked up...id find out where the landlord is and stick all the flags on her lawn
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

You know man, today was just kinda stressful. I live outside of city limits, and my neighboro has a habit of sitting (kid you not) on his horse, drinking a beer and wearing a gun. When my brother and I drive by with our "dangerouse" imports he shouts at us and once he actually came into the road to stop me - with his gun. Anyways he was out there tonight...
      And I came home, frustrated, and then I got online to check out the site...And then I read your post and I feel SO much better right now! You really relieved alot of stress right there thank you.
      As you know, it really sucks when people get the silly idea about having more value than anyone else, based on education, money, or maybe even something stupid like they work out more so, they have bigger muscles.
      Anyways I dont mean to thread jack, but what I'm saying is I empithise with you alot, so KEEP KICKING BACK! Tell that mean ol' fat lady to suck your dick (after you cover your kids ears, of course) and keep rustling the feathers at the meetings. Its alot of fun!

-Zipcreature
      Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

i got lost , sounds like a bunch of girls playing house or doctor "roll playing"

just thinks thows kind of people really have nothing meaningfull to do in there life so they live other peoples in there own little screwed up fantisy.

deffinatly not my cup of tea.

as for the lanloard , in your lease it should tell you what you accepted to agree to.. like drinking / washing cars........

like what the fucks up with that.. does the water make the pavement shiney? what does she do when it rains.. come to your house with a big tarp? ... comm on

I think you should have sprayed her with the hose while drinking and stepping on the flag.

all and all twas a bad day for ya.. it will be better soon

Comment

Originally posted by Crayola-r
          I think you should have sprayed her with the hose while drinking and stepping on the flag.
          lmfao I am not actually sure what the lease was, or even if we signed one. I believe they sent us a new rule book. When I first moved here it was base housing, now due to government idiots and corporate take over some other corperation owns it. Everybody got a hand out saying your place is now owned by us and no longer the military. They still have military support such as base police which is kind of stupid, but it makes them feel big.

I think I'll hang out with the annoying wifes club a little longer even though alot of them piss me off. Easy pussy come deployment time. Your man is gone away to the boat? Oh that's to bad, my woman is gone too. Nice shoes, wanna fuck?
          my ride

Comment

if washing the car is bad, you should see amount of oil stains in front of our house. we are the ONLY house ont he block with this many oil/liquid stains
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by bracersi
              Nice shoes, wanna fuck?

Dude...You totally stole my best line...
              RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Originally posted by ZigenBallZ
                Dude...You totally stole my best line...
                no.. its nice socks...pssssh..

anywho.. i dont claim to be navy..or military..but i am(was) a navy brat. i dont shout out my fathers rank..his ships..his duties..i just say my dad was in the navy..

he went private sector after he blwe his knee out an practically his whole unit is still working with him still.. the military is great.. i wish i could use some of their benefits as a private citizen, like the base facilities..NEX, Commissary...etc etc ive still got my card valid till 08 when i graduate from college..and i can use his GI bill...

but anways..back to the bitch... dood tell her off..let her call base security.. have her proove that you are breaking the lease agreement and if so then you should be fined..not arrested..what are they gonna do?!.. they wont waste their time with this NEW CIVILIAN trying to make hell for a service men/womens spouse..

idk that would piss me the fuck off..sticking shit in my lawn withouy consent..why advertise the realty? are they selling it!?!.. and since its base housing wont the people on the base know how ot get in contact with the reatly company?!... whoa re they advertising to? did they just spend a fortune on the banners and never got to use them?!.. makes no sense at all to me...

Comment

Originally posted by bracersi
                  Another thing that pissed me off today is that my wife is going on deployment soon and stupid me decides to go to one of those rediculous spouse meetings. One of the things I can't stand is when you get these civilians that think they are in the military because they are a contractor, gov. employee, spouse, etc....... and think they are better because they have some kind of power. Onbudsman's are the absolute worst. They love to say "we are in the navy", and I love to say "nope, you are not, but your husband is." They also love to associate themselves with their spouses rank, they like to say oh we made o-5 or e-7, correction again, you mean your husband is.

I AM an ombudsman -- and I'm sorry where you live is a bunch of power hungry people like that -- but we aren't all that way; i refuse to even try to use my husband and his rank for my own benefit, and i can name plenty of people who are the same way

your sweeping generalizations make me sick, yes there are plenty of officers' wives and the like out there who think their shit doesn't stink - and -- but you reek so much disrespect i'd be inclined to believe you sometimes feel the same way; just because you were in and now you are a civilian so you suddenly know everything

my job as an ombudsman is a hard one, ESPECIALLY because i don't get paid - and I have to watch myself and what bs i get into b/c it will reflect on ME -- not on my husband, on ME

and if their program is that messed up, it's as much the command's fault as it it their own -- ombudsman are chosen by the unit commander... ...so yeah it can turn into a bunch of worthless politics, but whining about it won't change anything

And i guess you mean an FSG (family support group) meeting, or something of the like, where a bunch of women sit around and gossip -- unfortunately as ombudsman we aren't really even supposed to talk at those, except to relay truthful information - and anyone who broke that code i would report b/c its a violation of the oath, in so many words - i don't care if she's an offcer's wife or what -- but i'm a bitch like that and i know how to find the right people

and im sorry about the housing bitch - i'd have turned around and accidentaly sprayed her or asked her to prove it - most likely both... by the way if they outsourced while you were living there, and you never signed anything -- she has no power over you, so if it happens again why don't you do something about it -- be proactive or something

sorry, thats all of my little rant
                  Last edited by i'm the girl; 06-16-2005, 10:00 AM.

breathing is deadly underwater...

Comment

deleted
                    Last edited by bracersi; 06-16-2005, 10:01 AM.
                    my ride

Comment

no im sorry i got hotheaded, i apologize -- but you flame and generalize alot -- im not about to go digging up everything you have or haven't said, and i know you are smart - i never disregarded that

i also told you i agree there are a lot of power hungry spouses that can make your life hell - i just took your words too personally because im up too early

but don't call me a child - and i didn't say i had a problem with it, or that i think being a spouse is the same as being an active duty member -- as a matter of fact, i actually agreed with you on certain points, i only got mad because you were overgeneralizing - and i apologize -- call it lack of sleep or whatever - but im sorry

i am sorry your ombudsmen think that rank is important -- because honestly, i'd say its more important to listen to the lower ranks because they honestly DONT have a clue or the experience to know how to speak up - and if you have a real issue with them (the ombudsmen), tell your command -- ombudsman are NOT Navy, but they are officialy sanctioned by the Navy, NAVSUP documents and all - and for that reason if it really pisses you off go tell someone, and if you really don't care then you don't care - i'm just telling you what you can do

i basically said the first time "its not like that everywhere" i was just groggy and pissy so it came out in a million more words than that so again i apologize

breathing is deadly underwater...

Comment

I apologize to. I deleted my post cause in my rebuttle I was disrespectful. I have a tendency to put people under fire because I am insecure with myself due to the fact that I am the non military spouse. Being a man you can probrably find that some what understandable. I some times feel the need to have to prove my masculinity when it is not needed. Ombudsman have a very important job and sometimes I put them under fire because of my own issues.
                        my ride

Comment

1. It's not the taxpayers lawn, it's the landlord lawn. And I rent that lawn and the rest of the house from them when I pay them my money. If I keep the lawn in better the average order then what is the problem? There is no problem. If I was doing something illegal then that would be a problem. If I was destroying the property that would be a problem. But on the other hand they can put there advertisements on the lawn that I rent.

2. Last time I checked drinking a beer on the property that you rent is not illegal. Do I expect to do all my private things on the lawn and not be seen? no. Do I find it right that a employee drives around the community all day telling people how to live on the property that we rent for them? no. BBQ and drinking beer on your front lawn is a american past time. No longer can I do that because of the public eye. That is a violation of my constitutional rights. Probrably is the reason no one came to her defense . I can understand walking down the street drinking (that is breaking the law), But in the confines of the property that I rent. It's like renting out a car and then telling people they can't use the radio.

ut yes I agree with you that renting does suck. Landlords are money hungry and will do everything in there power to try and take extra money from you, and wouldn't think twice about invading your privacy.
                          my ride

Comment

A landlord cannot just put whatever they want on your lawn without at least informing you but usually without your consent, much like they cannot enter your home and hang a picture where they want. Painting the home and general landscaping upkeep can be expected however. A landlord gives up many of their rights to a home when they decide to lease it. Trust me, I know my landlord/tenact act inside and out... I had to sue my last landlord for wrongful eviction. Fun stuff.

As far as drinking/washing your car in your front lawn, that may be debatable. HOA may or may not have something to say about it, depends on where you live. Law may have something to say about it too, again I don't know where you live.

However, if your old rulebook for the old HOA/landlord says nothing about drinking or washing your car, then the people who bought the contract have to uphold the old contract. They can't expect you to follow a set of rules you didn't agree to when you originally moved it. Something like a grandfather clause I guess...
                            Last edited by evol90accord; 06-16-2005, 05:10 PM.

"Sticker this, censor this, ban this
                            We got something to say!
                            Police this, condemn this, damn this
                            We'll be heard anyway!
                            Middle finger is the flag that I wave when I'm silenced!" - MuDvAyNe, "Silenced"

Comment

bracersi .. just outta curiosity .. howz your wife feel about this entire issue?

I lived in BOQ until my girlfriend and I got our own place .. (military housing) and in Germany
                              they have, or had a law, that did not allow you to cut your lawn on Sundays ..I sorta thought
                              that was a little strange lol .. so I always left work early on Fridays to do lawn maint..

My girl Mary, thought the Deutsche people were a lil strange .. Military housing is a trip
                              to say the least .. we finally eneded up moving off base, mostly because of the sick fawks
                              that were up late at nite arguing loudly, or the constant sound of MP radio chatter that was
                              always waking us up at like 3am, b/c someone had stabbed their spouse or some other issue.

The Army paid us more for it as well ... Mary was quite the resourceful individual and managed
                              to produce a *marriage certificate* for the two of us, before we did move off base.

Uh Oh .. am I in trouble now?

Tschuess !!!
                              Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Working...
                              X