Cb7 Court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cb7 Court

I am having a problem with another cb7tuner member. About 3-4 weeks ago I bought an intake manifold off metaluna21, and I just got around to actually looking at it the other day. I realized it's not the intake manifold I wanted, and metaluna21 won't refund or anything. He says he sent me the intake manifold I wanted, but I asked for jdm f22b, not f22b1/2, and he always declared the intake manifod he had was f22b.

This is from my classifieds thread:

92ex-"Well, I'm about to turbo, and I have some extra cash laying around, so I want to get an extra manifold and do some porting and stuff to it. h23 or jdm f22b intake manifold. I'll take a h23 throttle body also if you have any. Thanks."

Metaluna21-"Hit me up, I have the IM you need. Just give me a price. Shipping will probably be $20-25"

Quotes from PMs:

Metaluna21:

"sounds good. I wouldnt be able to send it until this weekend though. The 8-5 job makes it tough getting to UPS. Do you need any other head parts from the f22b? I have a head, ecu, new gaskets, belts, and water pump if interested."

"here are some pictures. fuel rail is included just not pictured. let me know if ou need any other f22b engine parts"

The only defense I give him is that he did send me a pic of the manifold, but I didn't think of looking for that plate between the plenums. What's all your opinions?
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

this is really a tough decision. pics were sent and should have been checked. However, no way a f22b1/2 should be confused when JDM is stated in the WTB portion...I really dont know what to say

Formerly 91AccordExR33
    11.68 @ 127mph
    417whp/375wtq
    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

How did you pay for it? If you paid with a credit card then just dispute the charges.

Comment

ok the two manifolds you speak of dont even closeky resemble each other that you should have noticed as soon as you got it and didnt you see a pic before you bought it? if not you got hustled....do you have a pic you can post of it now?.....what really sux is the ports on that wont even match up with your f22ax...it will bolt up but the shit aint the same..this is a h23 manifold..lil different than the f22b but whole lot closer than the f22b1...yours should look similar to this one ..
        Attached Files

Comment

he sent you a sohc f22b intake manifold just cunfussion when you say JDM that cleary states DOHC dual stage manifold NOT soh vtec intake manifold

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
          bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

yeah I know what they look like, exept I had a front view so I should have looked for that plate between the plenums. And yes fushigi, I am about to dispute the charges.
            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

If he sent pictures...then id have to say he shouldnt have to refund. unless he sent you something different than what was pictured

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

he's refused any kind of refund, saying there is nothing he can do.

Metaluna21- "You're the second person to accuse me of sending the wrong item when it's cleary not my fault. The pictures cleary indicate what you're getting and I have been as straight forward as possible. I apologize for the mutual misunderstanding, but there's nothing I can do."
                Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

I sold him my leather seats quite a while ago, and chatted with him quite a bit. Hes a cool guy, not looking to rip people off. I think its pretty much a "no fault" situation. as Fizz stated, JDM means jack shit anymore since everything adds JDM on it to make it sell better. I know quite a bit about the cb7's but wouldnt be able to tell the difference between parts like that. And typically just go on what I have been told by others or whoever I got it from.

edit: when I sell stuff, I try my best to describe stuff, but with everyones crazy hybrids and this and that.. you gotta be one of the genius' just to keep up with all the codes and what has what, and what doesnt.

He sent you a pic, so you should have caught it then, and verified that you guys were on the same level. its kinda like requesting a VIN for a car you are about to buy, and yet not running a carfax, then complaining that it was wrecked previously and the current owner not even knowing about it.

Does it suck? yeah... but we all learn from mistakes. I've been there done that. In a rush I needed a header for my h22. Saw prelude si... ordered it, realized my mistake that I needed a prelude vtec one. Needless to say, it just sat around after I cut the flange off of it, which was all i needed. $140 for a flange?! it sux, but once in a while people have to admit their mistakes and not place the blame on everyone else. Then again.. thats all society wants you to do... dont want to take the blame, just sue someone else.

I am not pointing the above statement directly at you.. just something to think about.
                  Last edited by aero; 06-26-2005, 11:47 PM.

Comment

say you bought that header, and all it said was for prelude, and the seller said its the one you wanted, and you said you wanted a vtec prelude header, then later the seller says, no I didn't say it was vtec header. Basically that's what happened.
                    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Working...
                    X