looking into buying jet ski

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking into buying jet ski

as title says, i am looking into buying a jet ski because i had so much fun on the one that i rode in florida... i am not looking to get anything super, just something i can take out on sunday afternoons and have a good time on. what should i look for as far as common problems? what price range am i looking at? is under 1500 reasonable?

pick up a book like autoshopper you can find used one's all day long for prices like that
    po crackers need speed too!

Comment

Ur gonna love one if ya do, Got two of them, especially when your really mad at people and wanna take out anger (Girlfriends,cough,cough) Its the best way lol. Also for fun and enjoyment. What year you looking into getting and how much you looknig to spend.

Comment

like i said in the beginning, 1500 would be the max i would be willing to spend, but i am all about performance i don't really care what it looks like cuz i plan to rag the shit out of it!! year doesn't matter... what are some common problems to look for???

Comment

get ready to spend a shit load on repairs...

Comment

like on what???? PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME MY CB7 BRETHERN!!

Comment

jet system, especially if theres reverse.

Comment

Check out the classified sections on PWC forums... if you're into sea-doo's see-doo.net has an excellent classifieds section.
                My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

get a honda

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                  Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                  NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Yeah, if you are looking for used, dont just get a POS since you can "thrash it" Most likely it'll be on its last leg, and it'll treat you like a domestic, on the water as much as in the shop. Get one that was treated well, and with as few accessories(things to go wrong) as possible.

Comment

honda jet ski's suck. fake turbo's suck as well.

get a seadoo. i have an 01 xp and an 89 no name seadoo and they have never given me any problems. but yea like someone else said, get ready to spend a bunch of money.

B-break
                      O-out
                      A-another
                      T-thousand

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
                        B-break
                        O-out
                        A-another
                        T-thousand
                        oh so true...

Comment

nvm then i guess... i will just be a gsx600....

Comment

good choice, my seadoos are a pain sometimes. the trailers, the registering, insuring, gas and my new drive on docks that were 1500 a piece

Comment

if you get a JET SKI, not a WAVE RUNNER, there will be less problems...alot of ppl get them switched around, waverunner you sit on, jet ski you stand... i have two WAVE RUNNERS and they break down every summer..two new engines in the sea doo and one new engine in the tiger shark...and the carburaturs, oh god dont get me started, 60 bucks every three weeks because they KEEP breaking omg i hate wave runners. but on the other hand, my JETSKI, which ive had for two years longer than both WAVE RUNNERS has never had a problem...

Comment

Working...
                              X