modded xbox and computer stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

modded xbox and computer stuff

I am looking to modd my xbox. I found a place here in SD that will do it for like 40-100 depending on what i get then i have to provide the HD. Which HD should i get? 80-250gig? and what brand? any ideas cause i want to go to fry's and get one to have them install it. I also want to get the case and stuff modded. It seems that they have lots of stuff you can do. I want to get some emulators like NES, SNES, and Arcade games. Mostly just to have fun with.

I know the 360 comes out soon and yes I will be getting that also along with the PS3 when it comes out too.

Also the gamecube and PS2 can be modded and I am thinking about both or just the gamecube? Not sure

any ideas or opinions??

Originally posted by optimusprime
    I am looking to modd my xbox. I found a place here in SD that will do it for like 40-100 depending on what i get then i have to provide the HD. Which HD should i get? 80-250gig? and what brand? any ideas cause i want to go to fry's and get one to have them install it. I also want to get the case and stuff modded. It seems that they have lots of stuff you can do. I want to get some emulators like NES, SNES, and Arcade games. Mostly just to have fun with.

I know the 360 comes out soon and yes I will be getting that also along with the PS3 when it comes out too.

Also the gamecube and PS2 can be modded and I am thinking about both or just the gamecube? Not sure

any ideas or opinions??

for a hard drive, get a 150 Gigabyte Western Digital.

and functunal wise, mod a PS2, you can do much more with the PS2, like add linux. its fun.

if you wanna mod your Cube, go with The Qoob

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

sigh...tell my xbox i said hi optimus...

anywho...word..id rather mod the ps2..which i have done..i personally would wait for the 360 or ps3.....

Comment

ps2 is great , but you can actually do MUCH more with an xbox

and ps2 linux is not avalible anymore to us. but xbox can run linux for free

http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/Software_Method_HOWTO

Comment

i opened up my psx and modded it myself...its not too hard, solderings easy...but for my ps2 i got one of those swap magic discs and slide card tools so i didnt have to open up my ps2 and solder it...i just download games and burn them on dvds...works fine

Get a FREE PLAYSTATION 3 before anyone else can!!!

Comment

I have no idea what the modded PS2 really is. I have always wanted to do this but never had the oppertunity I want to do it cause i can really. I will buy the PS3 and 360 when they come out. I just have some money to blow and i kinda want to do this.

Thanks DhN.

I could get a 250 HD but that seems big for me. I like games but I am kinda picky about them and don't like many. So I think I will go for the 120. I do want the emulators too.

Can anyone of you explain a modded PS2??

Comment

I'm currently selling one of my Modded Xbox's

- 120GB HDD
              - Aladdin Stealth Modchip (No external switches)
              - Lots of useful apps
              - 50,000+ ROMs from every system up to the PlayStation
              - Lots of games on the HDD
              - Family Guy Seasons 1-3 and War of the Worlds (2005) on the HDD

- New Controller S
              - New AC Cord
              - New AV Cables
              - All Xbox Genuine

- Beautiful Case ($50 Value)

- Not a "defective" Xbox (Power Cord Recall)
              My CB7

Comment

Working...
              X