4th versus 5th Gen Accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4th versus 5th Gen Accord

Hey, I was just wondering what the main differences are between a 4th gen accord and a 5th gen accord. Both are 4 doors. I'm thinking of getting a 5th gen after a year or two.

check this review out and see what they thought if them
    They list most of the changes that honda made with the 5th gen.

The suspension and brakes are almost identical between the two generations however...
    ~~~~~~~

Comment

Not much has changed except the body. Oh well, I think I'll just dynamat the CB7 to make it alot quieter and be done with it. Although I've seen some very slick looking 5th gens on HS.

Comment

Originally posted by SoapyToast
        Not much has changed except the body. Oh well, I think I'll just dynamat the CB7 to make it alot quieter and be done with it. Although I've seen some very slick looking 5th gens on HS.
        You will find some very slick looking 4th gens on this site. By the way the 4th gen is one of the most sought after generations for the accord with the 5th gen not generating quite as many fans.
        "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

As much as I like my 4th gen, I wouldn't turn my nose up at a nice black 5th gen coupe..
          1993 Cobalt Blue Accord EX - Sold as of December, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Kanibus
            As much as I like my 4th gen, I wouldn't turn my nose up at a nice black 5th gen coupe..
            I will definitely second that.

I remember when I was at a Datsun meet a few years ago and my friend and I spotted a 94-95 black EX coupe 5speed with like 65k on it. My buddy wrote a note asking if he wanted to sell it.

haha
            "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

skip a generation and go with the 6th or 7th generation......

Comment

the 5th gens interior is far superior . . . well i guess an lx with cloth shouldnt really be compared to an ex with leather . . . the exterior changes arent really that large . . .i made the 5th gen in my sig out of a 4th gen base
                -Mark-
                CB7
                CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

My roommate has a 96 LX. Compared to my 92 LX, I don't like it as much. It's not a bad car, but LX for LX, I prefer the layout of the 92. Everything in the 5th gen seems smaller, more crowded, and less conveniently placed... I know it's probably just because I'm not used to it, but that's how I feel.

The 5th gen has been the most popular among tuners in the past, but it definitely seems to be falling out of favor. The 6th gen seems to be getting all the showcar attention, and the CB7 is getting hit HARD in the performance area. I guess to get a well made Honda that isn't a played out Civic, with a decent weight and good potential, the CB7 really comes through!

Comment

as much as i love my wag.... i'd ditch it in a heartbeat for a 5th gen sedan or coupe...

SOLD!

Comment

i'd take a 5th gen coupe to complement my 4th gen sedan.
                      CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

I dont really like the 5th Generation. They are nice to look at in EX
                        trim tho. The 94-95 years only. Dont let the nice body lines fool you.
                        They ride worse than the 4th Gen. Also once they hit the 100k mark
                        they start to sound like a freaking diesel truck, its so annoying.
                        Its tru wat Deever said, everything inside its soo badly placed, the driver's
                        cockpit seems so out of placed.

It was also this Generation that messed up the "SE" model. It was a
                        cult classic in years passed. Now its just like an LX with Alloys. How
                        disrespectful is that. Thats one info people dont notice.

I got many more things to disagree on, but i dont want to list them all.
                        Well, right now tho.

Comment

Hehe, yeah they did kill the SE with the 5 gen. I remember before that people would be all like, oh shit there is an Accord SE! They're super rare!

I remember them days.

I still get a thrill seeing a 3rd gen SEi. I so wanted a teal 89 SEi coupe.
                          "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

My dad has a 6th gen 99 Accord EX 5 spd and I don't like it as much as my CB7. It does have an appealing front end, but it just doesn't do it for me. I bought Nutbucket's CB7 with a JDM H22a and its got a nice completement of performance mods. It's fast but the interior is kind of lacking. I guess it'll change once I dynamat the entire interior and get new carpeting. Some comfy recaro seats would help out alot too.

Comment

Originally posted by accordme93
                              Hehe, yeah they did kill the SE with the 5 gen. I remember before that people would be all like, oh shit there is an Accord SE! They're super rare!

I remember them days.

I still get a thrill seeing a 3rd gen SEi. I so wanted a teal 89 SEi coupe.
                              ^ whats up with the SEi anyways? I know almost nothing about it except that people want them. Explain?

I also like the angular lines of the 4thgen because it has character and soul!!! The 5gen is okay, its sleeker but I feel it gives up some soul and kinda looks hollow.

- Zipcreature
                              Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X