minimum wage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

minimum wage

What is minimum where you guys live. Up in washington its 7.50 an hour. Is that good or bad?

here its 8.50... or something like that...

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

you guys are fucking rich. a measly $6.50 here in scenic Illinois. wtf...
      Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
      D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
      ┴─┴
      ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Originally posted by Masamune
        you guys are fucking rich. a measly $6.50 here in scenic Illinois. wtf...
        the cheapest gas is over here is 3.11, so... i dont know about RICH...

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
          the cheapest gas is over here is 3.11, so... i dont know about RICH...
          point taken, but we're kinda right behind you at about 2.76 for regular. Either way, california is always more expensive and thusly with a higher minimum wage. Still wish min. wage was higher though...
          Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
          D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
          ┴─┴
          ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

$6.15 down here in the jungles of florida....gas is about $2.45 right now

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
              here its 8.50... or something like that...

dude wut u talking about minimum wage is $6.75 for california....
              So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

Originally posted by nghtrydr23
                dude wut u talking about minimum wage is $6.75 for california....

?? is it?

-thinks-

what the hell? I swear to god i saw it on a poster at work...

maybe it was something else...

either way gas prices are fucking retarded here...

Comment

i was gonna say....8.50 would be insane...i know the cost of living in california is more than other places but 8.50...thx for that clarification

i think its ~6.25 in missouri

i would be very pleased 7.50/hr min. wage
                  Originally posted by fizzbob7 i think the "jdm everything" craze is funny........it's the same thing, a fad.......and an overpriced one at that
                  Originally posted by uncle_el believe it or not, this forum is not about you or your post count. it's about providing relevant information and exchanging it with one another, in order to help build a community. if you don't like that, please leave.

Comment

READ about minimum wage rates

READ: Minimum wage is set by the federal government. Take a look around your work- they're required to post what federal minimum wage is, along with your rights as an employee in poster form where it can be easily read.

Its FEDERAL minimum wage, set by the federal government, not set by the individual states. The states themselves have nothing to do with setting minimum wages; they only pay more in some areas than in others due to cost of living and what kinds of jobs are available. The minimum wage rate is uniform across the country, from ME to FL to HI to AK and all points in between.

$5.15 up from $4.75, unless you're a waiter or waitress, and it could be as low as half minimum wage.
                    Last edited by ACCORDianate; 08-16-2005, 07:49 AM. Reason: Ninja stealth edit!
                    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

last i heard it was $7.10 in my area but i've never worked for less than 8

Comment

I just quit my job that payed 5.50, but with the tips, I averaged well over 10. my last shift ever I averaged 15.50/hr...that made me happy.
                        To-Do List for Today
                        Be Awesome

Comment

Yeah I didn't know the minimum wage was anymore than $5.50, like here in NJ. I didn't know a few lucky few have higher state minimums. And NJ is expensive! Hopefully they agree on a wage increase pronto.
                          Last edited by uslspct; 08-16-2005, 01:39 AM.
                          Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                          -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                          MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

lol i live in iowa and min wage is $5.15 n' hour premium gas is bout' $2.55/gal and regular is around 2.30/gal DAMN sound like were gettin shafted

Comment

Yeah here in Idaho Minimum wage is 5.15 and the price of gas in my area is about 2.50!!!!!
                              Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                              i'll do *** things for the OEM trunk lip spoiler

Comment

Working...
                              X