Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Bush thread...Mike Moore strikes back..again..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Bush thread...Mike Moore strikes back..again..

courtesy of:http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/message/index.php

Friday, September 2nd, 2005
    Vacation is Over... an open letter from Michael Moore to George W. Bush

Friday, September 2nd, 2005

Dear Mr. Bush:

Any idea where all our helicopters are? It's Day 5 of Hurricane Katrina and thousands remain stranded in New Orleans and need to be airlifted. Where on earth could you have misplaced all our military choppers? Do you need help finding them? I once lost my car in a Sears parking lot. Man, was that a drag.

Also, any idea where all our national guard soldiers are? We could really use them right now for the type of thing they signed up to do like helping with national disasters. How come they weren't there to begin with?

Last Thursday I was in south Florida and sat outside while the eye of Hurricane Katrina passed over my head. It was only a Category 1 then but it was pretty nasty. Eleven people died and, as of today, there were still homes without power. That night the weatherman said this storm was on its way to New Orleans. That was Thursday! Did anybody tell you? I know you didn't want to interrupt your vacation and I know how you don't like to get bad news. Plus, you had fundraisers to go to and mothers of dead soldiers to ignore and smear. You sure showed her!

I especially like how, the day after the hurricane, instead of flying to Louisiana, you flew to San Diego to party with your business peeps. Don't let people criticize you for this -- after all, the hurricane was over and what the heck could you do, put your finger in the dike?

And don't listen to those who, in the coming days, will reveal how you specifically reduced the Army Corps of Engineers' budget for New Orleans this summer for the third year in a row. You just tell them that even if you hadn't cut the money to fix those levees, there weren't going to be any Army engineers to fix them anyway because you had a much more important construction job for them -- BUILDING DEMOCRACY IN IRAQ!

On Day 3, when you finally left your vacation home, I have to say I was moved by how you had your Air Force One pilot descend from the clouds as you flew over New Orleans so you could catch a quick look of the disaster. Hey, I know you couldn't stop and grab a bullhorn and stand on some rubble and act like a commander in chief. Been there done that.

There will be those who will try to politicize this tragedy and try to use it against you. Just have your people keep pointing that out. Respond to nothing. Even those pesky scientists who predicted this would happen because the water in the Gulf of Mexico is getting hotter and hotter making a storm like this inevitable. Ignore them and all their global warming Chicken Littles. There is nothing unusual about a hurricane that was so wide it would be like having one F-4 tornado that stretched from New York to Cleveland.

No, Mr. Bush, you just stay the course. It's not your fault that 30 percent of New Orleans lives in poverty or that tens of thousands had no transportation to get out of town. C'mon, they're black! I mean, it's not like this happened to Kennebunkport. Can you imagine leaving white people on their roofs for five days? Don't make me laugh! Race has nothing -- NOTHING -- to do with this!

You hang in there, Mr. Bush. Just try to find a few of our Army helicopters and send them there. Pretend the people of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast are near Tikrit.

Yours,

Michael Moore
    MMFlint@aol.com
    www.MichaelMoore.com

P.S. That annoying mother, Cindy Sheehan, is no longer at your ranch. She and dozens of other relatives of the Iraqi War dead are now driving across the country, stopping in many cities along the way. Maybe you can catch up with them before they get to DC on September 21st.

-vein on forehead begins to show and start to throb-

this is getting JUST LIKE THE GAS THREADS!!!

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

i coudl careless if theres more bush threads..i ignored them..read most of the posts...but didnt care to respond..as im impartial in politics..i hate getting on the fuck bush bandwagon..but when i was linked to this...mike moore made some real good points

Comment

Originally posted by DhN
        i coudl careless if theres more bush threads..i ignored them..read most of the posts...but didnt care to respond..as im impartial in politics..i hate getting on the fuck bush bandwagon..but when i was linked to this...mike moore made some real good points
        i didnt try to diss you bro, but i mean, its like...

....bush ....

....happy bitrhday to my turbo....

....bush....
        ...gas...

....gas....

...bush is a SLUT ....

i've read that letter and it was posted in the bush slut thread...

i mean yes, this sucks, "fuck bush" etc etc...

but really, theirs nothing we can do about it... no matter who says what, what is done, and how many threads are made with complaining. i say we grief over the sad losses in iraq and in the south... and not piss and moan over it, and accept the fact that as long bush is calling the shots... thats about as much as we can do

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Comment

nah i took no offense..i jus want this to be read..i dont want to hate bush..i really dont./.i want to trust respect...our president..but after seeing so much damage..not knowing if my cousin is safe...and jus seeing how our country is not equipped..to help ourselves..WTF man..seriously...hes catering to another country so much..that his own country cant function

Comment

Originally posted by DhN
            nah i took no offense..i jus want this to be read..i dont want to hate bush..i really dont./.i want to trust respect...our president..but after seeing so much damage..not knowing if my cousin is safe...and jus seeing how our country is not equipped..to help ourselves..WTF man..seriously...hes catering to another country so much..that his own country cant function
            i don';t think anyone anticipated the ass holes that are making the clean up/rescue operations more difficult. not the presidents fault.....blame the rapists, looters and whatnot
            My members ride thread

Comment

AND AGAIN.im not JUST blaming bush

looters..thugs..all of them..all of the ignorant assess down there making matters worse..look at what america has come to...we steal from the dead...we rape the homeless

its jus sad...this country hes decayed

Comment

Originally posted by accrdpower
                i don';t think anyone anticipated the ass holes that are making the clean up/rescue operations more difficult. not the presidents fault.....blame the rapists, looters and whatnot
                think about it, it is also L.A.s and N.Os fault... they KNEW about this. It was planned out in 2000! They knew sooner or later that they would be hit with a stage 5 or 4 hurricane. they planned accordingly in 2000..

so i dont know what happened there?

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again, "Michael Moore is a fat, slob who doesn't do his research. He's out to make a dollar for himself and ruin reputations of people he doesn't like. His movies are nothing more than propoganda and fictionalized accounts." Hell, he's even admitted that his movies were not factual, they were his interpretation of things. Michael Moore is an idiot and so is anybody else who puts their faith in him.

Comment

....guess im an idiot....cuz this article made me so.."so true" and..."daag hes right" countless times..i dont really like moore or bush bahers or anything but...this stuck out to me..pointless to blame anybody..cuz u can put the blame on alot of things...many people in N.O couldnt evacuate..but some could..those who rode it out...should not blame..ANYONE...except those who has absolutley no way to leave

Comment

I dont *hate* Bush either .. Hate is a really derogatory four letter word ..
                      But I do think he, *they* .. Mike Brown, and the administration dropped the ball.
                      I find it amusing that the Weather Channel could show us everything that was happening,
                      but Bush and his people like Mike Brown seemed to turn the other way.

What we haven't seen on the news .. are the images of cops plugging guys that were armed,
                      and shot back .. I suspect we will someday .. somewhere .. but they wont show us that.
                      Not now anyway .. but as a former *journalist photographer* myself ..I can guarantee
                      someone has footage of some wild ass shit .. that could really embarrass and or *show the light*
                      if you will, on an already *incommodious* situation ... and I wouldnt wanna be the one
                      to have to explain to the American public, just why/how the ball got dropped ..

I can hear him now .. "well, you didnt expect us to go in with citizen's armed, did you?"
                      Shit dude .. I bet half those that did arm themselve's, were too stoned, or cracked
                      ouuta there mind to even see straight ... nothing a grenade launcher couldnt
                      take care of .. lol .. we have the best *snipers* as well .. whats the issue? We even have
                      *night vision* .. they'd never even know what hit them ......
                      I wonder just how allllll those fires got started afterall .. they did say, they heard explosions.
                      The media has only shown us what they *want* us to see .. I wanna see what they
                      could'nt show us .. thats the stuff I like .. behind the scenes ... cuz thats the real story.

This is just the beginning .. it almost appears that the media wants his head ..
                      Someone has to be the fall guy for this .. and *he'll* wiggle his way out .. like he always does.

And we'll continue to pay his extorting butt, for all his precious *petrol* .. and we'll
                      still bitch whine, moan, and complain .. til somethings done about it .. and hopefully,
                      America will be a better place because of it all .. and .. if you believe that ....

A Hui Hou !!!
                      Tomi
                      Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 09-03-2005, 01:58 AM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

damn, ppl here are taking shit too serious, why get mad, if its just someone's way of thinking? u dont have to think what moore does, or what i do , or what anyone does. and ppl do need to stop bitching unless theyre gona do soemthing about it. its like saying can complaing that ur broke as fuck, but u never do anything about it, whats the point?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I've come to completely disregard anything and everything that Michael Moore has to say: his commentaries, his books, his website, his movies, everything. He simply takes everything that is done by an authority figure out of context and distorts the image to his liking so that the authority figure he is attaching comes out looking bad and Michael Moore comes out smelling like roses.

Its easy for Moore to be the critic and attack people in authority since he's not the one in charge. I doubt he'd fare much better as president; in fact I am sure he would do much worse and send the country in to a downward spin that would not be recoverable. Don't say that it already is because of Bush; you'll be wasting your breath and typing skills. Keep in mind that all the problems that Bush is having blamed on him was set up by the previous President, Clinton. Everything that is falling apart was set up by him. Besides, you'll be un-American and anti-establishmentarian if you blame Bush for everything: that's bad. If you're from a country other than the United States and want to complain about it, tough: you didn't vote in this most recent presidential election, either for or against Bush, so your opinion doesn't count.
                          Marblemouth, you're right on and ok by me.

**I'm up for banning all political threads, as they all end up the same way, which is just bickering back and forth.
                          Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                          2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                          2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                          2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

eh everyone has the right to voice their opinion. I agree with somethings he said, and disagree with others.

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
                            www.maketradefair.com

Comment

Working...
                            X