looking for a new digital camera... help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for a new digital camera... help

a friend of mine has an old s45, and i like how it works. i dont need anything fancy, but its a nice simple camera with a good amount of options. i was looking into a s60, but hetold me that without bright lighting it blurs easily.

are there any camera companies out there that have some sort of antiblur technology when it comes to taking pics in anything but bright light situations?

i have a kodak easy share 5.0 MP LS753...its not a professional camera or anything but it gets the job done...only drawback is internal memory sucks..you need to buy and external memory card..i think all cameras are like that tho. came with a lil docking station too.

Comment

im lookin to buy a new camera nd hopefully within the next few months i will have a nikon d70 but right now im using a canon powershot a310

"Tucking tires and wires."
      The Chronicles.

Comment

Well, to avoid blur use a tripod, no camera will completely be free from shake, there are some pro lenses but even those arent fool proof. I used to shoot with a Canon Powershot s30 before i upgraded to my rebel. But in some cases, you can up the ISO but your images may get a little grainy, its all give and take w/ out a tripod.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

i just bought a new one after extensive research. I wanted a decent camera but my budget was tight. I ended up getting CANON PowerShot A510. Wow that camera is awsome!!! Tons of options and takes beautiful pics especially night shots. It retails for about 200. i got it (beleve it or not) at walmart for 167 plus tax. Total = $175 It was a great deal bc anywhere on line prices are better but they get you with shipping and you pay the same thing or more. Its 3.2MP model. There is also a A520 version that is 4.0MP for about $50 more. Its not worth it at all and what i read the A520 produces some more noise then the A510. If you buy the A510 (again kick ass cam) go to newegg.com and get yourself a bigger memory card since the cam comes with only a 16MB one. newegg.com is a great site and you can get 256MB card for dirt cheap. I spent over 2grand with them and the service and shipping is wonderful.

here is 2 random nightshots i took walking back from library

The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
          Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
          Check out my JDM F22B swap
          Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Those are nice! Canon would probably be your best bet over all if you want a REALLY GOOD camera, be it 35mm or Digital.
            My Myspace Page - BluKnightCB7
            My Ride Page
            My Sweet Angel
            1990 Laurel Blue LX Coupe
            AEM CAI
            Mild Port and Polish
            More to come

"C'mon! Show them your Fighting Spirit!"

Comment

here is an indepth review of my CANON PowerShot A510
              http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canona510/

Thats a great site and has many reviews of cameras as well as sample pic
              Watch my CB7 video

Comment

i bought one about a week ago, from amazon.com

its a Gateway DVS20 MPEG4 pocket multi-cam, it cost me 76.78 shipped in 2 days.

its an alright camera, not the best, but it gets the job done.
                features:

-2.1mega pixels CMOS sensor, 2.5 digi. zoom

-320 x 240 QCGA video
                1600 x 1200 resolution still images

-3 quality setting(super fine, fine and normal)

-1.5" color LTPS LCD screen, swivles 270 degrees

-auto flash

-accurate color processing

-64MB internal memory

-accepts SD memory cards (up to 512MB)

-connects to VCR and TV's

-USB connection to comp.

-video editing, creating, and sharing software

-photo editing, printing, and sharing software

more pics with this cam can be viewed on my members ride page.

p.s.
                im not the best photgrapher, so the pics arent that great lookin cuz my hands shake alot, lol.
                Last edited by d112crzy; 09-19-2005, 01:39 PM.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

i like my fugi finepix s 5100, its REALLY nice, its got a dslr design and its got nice grips

Comment

thanks for the info guys. guess ill just stick to the s60 and get a tripod. btw, is it just the camera or did you do somehing to get the street lights to look like that...

i like how it looks, each streetlight is like a star. i noticed that with alot of cokinuts pics, but i just thought it came out that way cause of the lens he has... definetly alot better than anything i would buy.

Comment

If you want something better in low light try the Powershot S2 IS. Has a 10x optical zoom and image stabilization. Suppose to take some awesome pics.

Comment

If you want the best deal....

Its all about WWW.BUYDIG.COM. Trust me on this.....these guys are probably the cheapest around, and they have pretty good products. They are really reliable. Ive ordered from them a couple times, and Im happy with their service. Check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
                          thanks for the info guys. guess ill just stick to the s60 and get a tripod. btw, is it just the camera or did you do somehing to get the street lights to look like that...

i like how it looks, each streetlight is like a star. i noticed that with alot of cokinuts pics, but i just thought it came out that way cause of the lens he has... definetly alot better than anything i would buy.
                          the lights look like "stars" because of extended shutter release... i.e. the shutter is open for a long period of time.

that picture is actually not very good from a technical aspect given that most of it is just slightly out of focus, from the foreground to the background. but that's not really the topic of this thread (though it is in off topic rather than the image gallery).

in any event, as far as the camera goes, the site www.dpreview.com has a pretty good buyers guide, where you can input your price, desired features, and it comes up with a list of cameras that fit the bill.

overall, canon's point and shoot cameras tend to be well regarded.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

yea as uncle_el pointed out i used the shutter option on the camera. Everything is explained better in the image gallery section. Just follow cokinut's directions on taking nightshots. I basically used the Tv option on the selection wheel on the cam. there you can play around with the shutter speed and see what works for your situation. This pic was taken with an 8 sec. shutter speed - i think a good starting point for night shots - and you can work from there.

Uncle_el:
                            Yea i know the pic is out of focus - didnt have the tripod on me and i think i just pressed the shutter release without stoping half way for the cam to focus. Thanx for the comment. Hopefully ill take some more pics and ill be looking towards your coments. Thanx
                            Watch my CB7 video

Comment

butterflyphoto.com has great prices, i bought my z3 there.
                              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Working...
                              X