Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple switching Processors to Intel

Any Apple & Mac fans in here?

Not to long ago Apple announced its switching to Intel Processors and the x86 platform in 2006. Personally, im a bit worried and i hope Apple is doing the right thing. Hopefully compatability between Windows & OSX will be seamless, considering both platform will be finally be running on the same architecture. I hope this wont turn out to be some huge OOOPS, which apple is somewhat famous for in the early 90s.

All I know is they hit a home run with Ipod, and a grandslam with the Ipod Nano!

Just Google "Apple Intel" for more info.

i wanna know if OSX will run on non apple computers once they switch
    but apple said they liked Intels road map for the future more then IBM/moto and who ever else made the power pc ish... maybe IBM is going to stop making processors also, like they did with PCs
    dirty accord->
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...threadid=13407
    crappy website

Comment

how's the nano a grand slam over the Ipod's homerun?
      OS^e
      1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

OMG! i hate macs they are the harrdest things to hook up sattilite internet to. that is my job btw

used condoms? wtf

Comment

They're just switching processor makers. The OS will be unaffected. All it means is that the processors are going to get faster, and we'll have laptops with g5 processors. Intel just makes the chips to the companies specs, it not like apple is getting taken over by IBM.

LOVE LIVE THE MAC.
          members/ride | the/website
          180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

Hahaha... somehow, I knew they were going to do this one day.

Comment

Goddamnit, I just bought my Powerbook G4. Next they will come out with a 2.5 GHz G5 Powerbook

Comment

There will be no G5 powerbook, nor will there be a G6 chip. IBM makes the "G" chips, Apple is switching to Intel. They already have a pirated verison of OSX Tiger 10.4 on Bittorrent that runs on any windows computer. It just runs really, really slow since Windows PCs are designed to bottle-neck info (thats why they always slow down during processes) and Macs are designed to let huge amounts of info to flow freely through the processor.

Its a wierd move going to Intel, since all the next generation game consoles (ps3, nin revolution, and xbox 360) all use the same PowerPC chips used by Apple. To tell you the truth, most movies, music, graphics, and video games are designed on a mac. Even most windows games are created and coded on a mac, ironic isn't it?

And the nano is a grand-slam because no consumer electronic gadget has ever been made with such tight specs. You trully have to hold one in your hand to appreciate its innovation and beauty. Its the future of Apple products, I think.
                Someday soon we'll see Powerbooks as thick as an Ipod Nano. Or iMacs that are a 1/3 inch thick!

I hope they know what they are doin is all i'm saying.

Comment

to lazy to google but what procesor does mac use right now?

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
                    to lazy to google but what procesor does mac use right now?
                    IBM/Motorola PowerPC G4 & G5

Comment

Working...
                    X