Has anyone been off-roading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone been off-roading?

Well guys, since I sold my cb7 i've been looking for things to do with my truck.

I'm going to LBI this Saturday and riding on Holgate Beach which is the end of LBI. I would have to purchase a $50 permit to ride on the reach which would also give me jurisdiction for most beached along LBI. For the people who have been off-road what are things I should bring with me? Here is my list so far:

1. Tire pressure gauge (need to set all my tires at 20 psi)
    2. Air tank <-- incase garage is close for some crazy reason.
    3. Tow strap <--- god forbid I get stuck
    4. Rubber mats <--- sand is a bitch to get out

Anything else I should consider bringing? This should be exciting being I never drove my truck off-road, let alone along the shore.

This is my truck for people who havn't seen it.

Last edited by jeesare; 10-11-2005, 09:23 PM.

Someone must have been off-road before in their lifetime?

Comment

Offroad as in trails, mudding, or dunes? For trails your truck might have trouble as its 4 doors and there are usually sharp turns. Bring some music with you, lots of music. Sky-jack if you're lifted, never know when a tire will blow on you. Food/water/sleeping bag. Ive been stranding in the fucking woods for a night without anything and it blew balls... serious balls. Okay so we had beer but thats it.

Comment

Originally posted by drucifer92
        Offroad as in trails, mudding, or dunes?
        Sand........I've been checking the tides to make sure their not high. So far the tides are going to be low that way I'll have more room and I can ride along the shore. Should be exciting.

Comment

I always wanted to go mudding in my cb7... after all, it is in a 4 x 4 stance.

Comment

Originally posted by mrfreddio55
            I always wanted to go mudding in my cb7... after all, it is in a 4 x 4 stance.
            Its fun. Trust me.
            To-Do List for Today
            Be Awesome

Comment

make sure your oil doesnt spill all over your alternator and you fuck your shit up... happened to my cousin... LMAO.
              Magnaflow exhaust for cb7's for sale

Comment

well the main thing is not to get gas happy. keep even throttle and speed. just take your time and have fun. if you get stuck STOP!!! just wait for someone to come get you. Also you may want to pack some 2x4s or some wood on some sort to help get you unstuck and a jack. most of all have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Accordpwnz0r
                  make sure your oil doesnt spill all over your alternator and you fuck your shit up... happened to my cousin... LMAO.
                  I'm not going over 15mph, riding on Sand is very different then on mud.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNKiNUTS
                    well the main thing is not to get gas happy. keep even throttle and speed. just take your time and have fun. if you get stuck STOP!!! just wait for someone to come get you. Also you may want to pack some 2x4s or some wood on some sort to help get you unstuck and a jack. most of all have fun.
                    Very true....hopefully i don't get stuck.

Comment

The closest thing to off roading i did, was rally in a parking lot filled with snow on my pretty stock CB7 2 years ago.

Comment

Ive always wanted to do that. Ive been off roading by in my little 86 honda accord LXI i had for a summer. I beat the shit out of it. Yeah it was BAD hood flew off on highway i recovered it bad tied it down with rope. it floated. I took it off jumps n shit it was crazy. Ask Todd on here about it. I got about 2 feet air on it!

insane

Comment

Bring a friend along of course its always more fun to have someone with you while off roading, and bring some general tools just in case, and of course some food because just like swimming off roading makes you hungry.
                          Nice Tacoma by the way.
                          My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

Bring a friend in another truck, if you can't do that, bring a cell phone along with a persons # who has a 4x4 so they can tow you out when you get stuck. Notice I say when.

Comment

Originally posted by 93accord2dr
                              Bring a friend in another truck, if you can't do that, bring a cell phone along with a persons # who has a 4x4 so they can tow you out when you get stuck. Notice I say when.
                              Best advice yet.
                              To-Do List for Today
                              Be Awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X