GT4 vs. GT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GT4 vs. GT3

i was watching a couple gt4 drift videos and i noticed that as you turn, the car doesnt move at all... it stays stationary and the scenery moves, as in, you never see the side of the car as it turns. is it always like that in gt4, is gts the same way? its just annoying to me. even in gt2 for ps1 the car moved.

The camera stays stationary behind the car, or in one of the other two camera positions.

I want to see these GT4 drift videos! Drifting in GT4 is a bitch!

Mine.
    "Why don't you spend some money and get this door handle fixed?" - Everyone who rides in my passenger seat
    "Because I don't drive on that side." - Me

Accord Drivers against F transmissions on H motors #2

Comment

The best Gt seriese to drift in is number 2. I'm not kidding. GT2 owns in drifting. Gt3 and Gt4 just have that too much of a simulator realistic crap.
      "form follows function."
      Louis Sullivan

Comment

gt2 > all
        Magnaflow exhaust for cb7's for sale

Comment

forza > *

My Members Ride Thread
          Originally posted by deevergote
          You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

GT2 is definitely the best GT game to date. I play it on my computer, which is even better! I can save wherever I want so when I crash going around a turn, I can go back to my last save and prepare for it! I'm a cheater!

But yes, the drifting is most fun in 2. I had fun collecting as many Initial D look-alikes as I could find. I got many of them!

Comment

i dunno bro gt3 takes some practice but it definately has the best drifting and most realistic gt2 is too easy to drift if u set up a car in gt3 or 4 drifting is very possible i just havent figured it out exactly for gt4

"Tucking tires and wires."
              The Chronicles.

Comment

Cars/sensation of speed/sound ---> GT2
                Drifting/car hybriding ---> GT3
                New cars ---> GT4

I HATE that the camera is so rigid on GT4...going between 3 and 4 always trips me out because GT3's camera stays in line with the track, whereas GT4's camera stays with the car, so you can't really judge or maintain a good angle...plus in GT3 you could drift on race tires with enough power, but on GT4 it's strictly N2's which makes for slow and unexciting drifts...

If they took the cars from GT2 and GT4 with the sound from GT2 and the physics and camera style of GT3 they'd have the ultimate GT.

*looks for GT3*

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i like the beats on gt4 in the menu...they are tizzight...add a drum machine and you got a dope beat to cipher off of...slow it down and chop it..mang i need a dj...thats my dj....go dj....uh datz my dj...

Comment

gt5

GT drifting

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....%20turismo&p=0
                    Last edited by DUNKiNUTS; 10-17-2005, 11:02 PM.

Comment

its kinda hard to drift in Gt4 and I tried it with my Supra 848 at the wheels. Just to powerful to handle..especially with nos
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

gt2 is the best, but I do like gt4's dyno, and 1/4 mile(400km) setup better. I think gt4 has the best of gt2 and gt3 combined but for some reason I like gt2 more. forza is also a good game but I don't like the gameplay as much but I do like the fact that you can do engine swaps, and the ways of modding in that game.
                        ricers make baby jesus cry

Comment

GT4 has a dyno???

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

thanks for all the input guys. i bought a used ps2 that came with gt4... but i went on ebay and got a used copy of gt3 for $5 shipped.

as far as drifting goes, i have a new plan. i ordered the slim kit from modchip.com and i dl'ed the iso for initial d:special stage... so if all goes well ill be playing that shit by this weekend. woohoo

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                              GT4 has a dyno???

when you go under settings at the top there is a dyno graph.

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
                              thanks for all the input guys. i bought a used ps2 that came with gt4... but i went on ebay and got a used copy of gt3 for $5 shipped.

as far as drifting goes, i have a new plan. i ordered the slim kit from modchip.com and i dl'ed the iso for initial d:special stage... so if all goes well ill be playing that shit by this weekend. woohoo
                              where can i get that for my PS2 (old version)? i want initial d is that for GT3 or GT4?

Comment

Working...
                              X