Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*PICS* from my trip the the Biltmore Estate (cable killer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*PICS* from my trip the the Biltmore Estate (cable killer)

This past weekend I had the opportunity to go to the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's a giant estate built by George Vanderbilt (yea, the guy associated with the school) Anyways, he had this fantastic estate that he built in the late 1800's. Unfortunately you can't take pics inside, but I got some outside of the house and some in the gardens. Keep in mind this isin't even 1/20th of the property, it's HUGE. I'll let the pics speak for themselves.
    Entrance

The House

One of three really cool water fountains.

My g/f and I standing on the fountain in front of the house

hehe I couldn't resist.

How do I always get stuck holding her purse?

One more of the house, it's HUGE

The back porch.
    Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
    The cb7tuner.com OG.

The View. I wish my backyard again.

Somewhere on the house

An outside view of the giant staircase in the house. There is actually an elavator in the place to. From what I understand it was the first house to have one.

If I remember correctly those are where the sevrants quarters were.

Some people jousting outside the house

I believe I can fly!

hehe

This is what I look like after a night of drinking.
    The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Another view from the back porch

A pic from the gardens

I am very hungry at this point, and not in a good mood.

See, told you I was hungry.

A few pics of the house from the gardens.

The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Wow great pics man. Gotta love that old historical stuff. Your the man. JDM pose on the fountin (sp) we should make thread on JDM poses lol

Good pics man. I should take some pics of the mansions down in Newport, RI but that def don't compare to that HUGE house my god.

Comment

Very nice; looked like you had fun. I think I have some of those very same shots from the last time I went.
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

looks great man, i went there with my dad a few years ago!

Comment

Nice pictures JDMcb7! I'm hurt you didnt invite me and HondaTuner4267 along for a cruise! We're both from Asheboro NC. Those really are some fantastic pictures, I would love to go up there again this fall and see the leave...smoke a nice cigar on the back porch...damn. Anyways thats awesome. Where do you live?

- Zipcreature
              Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by zipcreature
                Nice pictures JDMcb7! I'm hurt you didnt invite me and HondaTuner4267 along for a cruise! We're both from Asheboro NC. Those really are some fantastic pictures, I would love to go up there again this fall and see the leave...smoke a nice cigar on the back porch...damn. Anyways thats awesome. Where do you live?

- Zipcreature
                actually, my g/f took most of the pics. Sorry I didn't know you were located so close, I would have love to meet you guys. I'll hit you up next time we are that way.
                The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

that guy had to be stinken rich to afford that now a days i dont think anybody can
                  So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

Originally posted by nghtrydr23
                    that guy had to be stinken rich to afford that now a days i dont think anybody can
                    I don't think anyone has that kind of taste anymore actually. Plenty of money just no taste.
                    The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

He was able to build the biggest house in America at the time, because of the tax laws. When he was alive the companies extorted their workers horribly and ran monopolies on the rail & steel industies (Rockafeller and Carnagie). They were both filthy rich.
                      However, due to tightening of tax laws, and the break-up of their monopolies they lost alot of money; the family is still very well off, and the names still hold power even after 70 years.
                      If you go to NYC eat at Carnigie Deli they have the biggest sandwiches and Cheesecake ANYWHERE its insane!!!

- Zipcreature
                      Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

NICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

really i love the green. how was the air???
                        hahahahah

Comment

this pic = TEH WIN!!!

this pic = TEH WTF?!!?! (as in wtf are you doing!? LMAO!)

Seeing this Hugemoungous house makes me want to have the spring meet in that town... ZipCreature is it possible?
                          OS^e
                          1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

Ah the house from Richie Rich lol man that thing is huge, isnt it one of the biggest properties in the U.S.?

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
                            Frost White Member 13
                            My Ride
                            "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

Those pics came out really nice what kind of camera where you using? I had never heard of this place looks like a beatiful place to visit this time of year. And as you can see below chris took your car back from me

Comment

Working...
                              X