FM transmitter for I-pod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FM transmitter for I-pod

Does anyone here have one? or heard one in the car. Does it work good or fade out at all?

Originally posted by jayjay
    Does anyone here have one? or heard one in the car. Does it work good or fade out at all?
    hmm..i had an fm transmitter for an mp3 it wasnt an ipod..but same concept..it worked pretty good..as long as you dont choose a frequency that is used by a popular top 40 radio station and is blaring like 10 gigajillion amps..its gonna definetly bleed over...but if you use a frequency that has no static on it your good.....

they now have the amp jacks so you can hook your ipod directly to your amp..i think crutchfield has them..i would rather get that!

also this would be better if you put it into the electronics thread...

Comment

it is ok...you kinda need to have it close to an antenna..

Comment

I have a little white belkin one.

Works great, has option for 4 different frequencies.. very little static if within 20 feet of antenna.
        works for any mp3 players, only used it in my house for Computer > stereo with no rca inputs
        bought it about 9 months ago.

I'll sell it if anyone wants to buy it...

I paid, i think $26.00 for it at Walmart, but I'll sell it for 10+shipping (roughly 4 dollars)

heres a link to the product at walmart website:
        http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...33257%3A164096

mine is in like-new condition, no scratches, no box or manual

Comment

I got a magazine from crutchfield and they have things that plug directly into your deck. They are pricey though but they are the best way to play your ipod on your car stereo. They are like 100-200$.
          Magnaflow exhaust for cb7's for sale

Comment

I have the direct connection to my kenwood stereo and I think it's far superior to the FM modulated ipod car adapters. I would go w/ a direct connection if possible.
            Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
            The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

if your using a stock headunit http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piehonaux.html
              this thing works great. It plugs into the cd changer slot/

Comment

my roomate has one, it works good, but only within close vicinoity. it worked it my car...the bass hit MUCH harder then with my cd's. but it only worked when he was standing next to the car.

Comment

I have the Griffin iTrip. It's okay I guess...I do think it's not nearly as good as you're lead to believe. It takes awhile to find a frequency that works okay, as you can choose from any frequency you want. The other drawback is that it is only as good as your antenna reception. I've never had good reception from the radio in my car...ever. So thus its only as good as that. I also am not a huge fan of having to change the settings via the iPod, since its rather cumbersome (I keep the iPod in the cupholder). Also for around town use its a pain, becasue then you have to keep the iPod on you.

I mean for the 28ish I spent on eBay for it, it wasn't a bad product per say, but I do wish I spent the money on something else. But when you don't have the aux input on your car, its not a bad idea.

Comment

Monster iCarPlay FM Transmitter for iPods

this works the best for the ipod i find, clear recepetion, unlimited picks for stations to transmit on, lots of options.
                    and even has car charger.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...lm=TB003LL%2FA
                    Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

here in the bay area, it sucks ass cuz we have so many stations.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I have the itrip transmitter.... Im cb7 it doesn't work that good at all... It works fine in my '96 TL and my friends '97 maxima though... I think it has something to do with the antenna... Both the TL and the Maxima don't have a stand up antenna like the cb7's! The direct connect wire works WAY better though....

Comment

if your stereo has an aux input, just run it through that, as thats how i have it hooked up to my stereo, and it sounds great.
                          if not, the fm transmitters i have heard arent even as good as the tape adapter i use for the ipod when its in the passat, but thats just me, and i could be wrong.
                          2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                          2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Working...
                          X